At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com/zm.
We are looking for someone with a passion for quality and attention to detail to join our finance team as Assistant Accountant.
The overall job role is to support the Finance Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
Key skills and competencies
- Be Passionate about Client Service
- Deliver quality work product within the given deadlines; free of errors and in compliance with PwC policy and procedures and regulatory standards.
- Be committed to self-development through active use of the available technical resources and tools and actively pursue required or recommended credential(s) in accordance with Training policy
- Proactively seek instruction, feedback and coaching to improve performance
- Contribute to establishing positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, client, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate flexibility and take responsibility for getting things done
- Demonstrate behaviour that is reflective of the PwC Code of Conduct.
- Accounting degree from a recognised university or full professional qualification such as: ZICA and/or ACCA
- A year of experience required, preferably in a business environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Strong and verbal communication skills and relationship building skills
- Ability to reflect on one’s own work
- Organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- A methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- Self motivated, proactive and flexible
- Integrity and a passion for business
Our focus is the whole person, not just technical expertise. If you think you are up to the challenge, please apply online at http://www.pwc.com/zm/en/careers/vacancies.html . Please ensure that you upload copies of your qualifications and that your telephone and email details are correct on the application to avoid missing out on a career opportunity at PwC.
Deadline for submitting the application is Friday, 26 October 2018 and only online applications will be reviewed. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.pwc.com.