Hollard insurance is a licensed and authorized general insurance company in Zambia since 2010 and is one of the fastest, steady, consistent, and stable growing company within the insurance business. Hollard insurance Zambia was recently certified 2020 Top employer of Choice by Top employer Institute on their latest list. This recognition goes to Africa’s leading employers of choice, each demonstrating exceptional human resources practices. Hollard is known for providing careers that create #Better Futures.
Hollard Insurance is currently looking for an individual who is an innovative, imaginative, team player and excellent. This individual must be able to deliver with care and dignity for our customers, Shareholders and for team Hollard, to fill the following a vacant position at the Lusaka HQ office. The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
Assistant Manager, Finance
- High level of Integrity
- Attention to details and a keen listener
- Passion for Excellency
- Innovative & Imaginative
- Team Player
- Highly organized individual.
- Sense of urgency and accuracy
- High level planning skills
- Good written and communication skills
- Knowledge about Corporate Business
- Review business performance and profitability.
- Prepare monthly financials and all associated financials.
- Advise business of key risk areas and concerns and actions to resolve.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual statutory returns to the regulator.
- Monitor the key regulatory risks that surround the licence e.g., insurance reserving and other governance and risk management practices.
- Prepare annual financial statements.
- Coordinate and manage the annual audit process, including annual actuarial valuation.
- Prepare periodic financial reports to management and HINT for monitoring of performance against agreed targets.
- Prepare monthly expense variance reports.
- Coordinate the annual budget process and timelines.
- Manage the company’s cash expectations to ensure sufficient liquidity is maintained at all times.
- Analyse company spend and identify cost saving opportunities.
- Ensure company’s surplus funds are appropriately invested within approved guidelines.
- Submit all required information to investment committee for quarterly meetings.
- Oversee administrative matters such as procurement and fixed asset management
Required qualifications & Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least 5 O Levels including English and Mathematics
- CIMA/ACCA/Degree in Accounting
- 5 years’ experience in finance
- Experience in external audit is an added advantage
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Process and deadline driven mindset with a keen eye for detail
- Must be willing to work well under pressure and can multitask
If you think you have what it takes to join our dynamic and energetic team, please send your resume to [email protected] not later than 16th November 2022