ZSIC General Insurance Limited, is a leading provider of customer oriented short-term insurance services in Zambia. An equal opportunity employer and a member of IDC Group of Companies, ZSIC General Insurance seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following position.
Assistant Manager – IT
Reporting to the Manager – IT, the Assistant Manager – IT will ensure the effective and efficient management, planning and configuration of different solutions within the Information Technology department.
The employee shall be specifically responsible for, inter alia, the following:
- Supervision of IT staff.
- To serve as subject matter expert.
- IT strategic planning.
- Organizing, controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations.
- Designing, developing, implementing and coordinating systems, policies and procedures.
- Backup systems and network security.
- Identification of problem areas and solution implementation.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity management.
- System support.
- System Audits.
- Management report generation.
- Participation in technical research on emerging technologies.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications or its equivalent
- Oracle, CCNA and Microsoft Certifications added advantage
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a similar role
- Windows Domain (Ms Office, Active Directory, Ms Exchange, DHCP and DNS)
- Oracle 12c database and Premier Linux operating system
- Virtualized environment (VMware or Hyper-V)
- Experience working with Insurance or related system added advantage
- Team player
- Innovative and result oriented
- Strong analytical thinking
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should apply to the Assistant Director – Human Capital, ZSIC General Insurance, Premium House, Independence Avenue, P.O. Box 30894, Lusaka, Zambia not later than Wednesday 23rd June 2021.