The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZAMRA) is a statutory body established under the Medicines and Allied Substances Act (No. 3) of 2013 and is responsible for regulation of medicines and allied substances in Zambia. The Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position:
ASSISTANT PROCUREMENT OFFICER – (1 )
Purpose of the Job
The Assistant procurement officer shall report to the Procurement Officer, and shall provide cost effective procurement services to ZAMRA, by ensuring value for money and adherence to ZAMRA and ZPPA purchasing policies and procedures.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Undertakes preparation timely of procurement plans in order to facilitate;
- Receive and action purchase requisition;
- Maintenance of an up -to- date supplier register in order to establish a reliable supplier base;
- Undertakes effectively the provision of Secretarial Services to the Authority’s
- Procurement Committee in order to facilitate the conduct of business;
- Liaise with end users in developing technical specifications for goods and services to be procured;
- Assist in planning and implementation of comprehensive purchasing program;
- Review requisitions in order to ensure completeness and accuracy;
- Assist in the identification of available suppliers for each requisioned item;
- Receive, open, screen, log and date stamps bid responses/quotations, mail as required and organise bids for review;
- Perform general Clerical duties such as maintaining general files, completing and processing standard purchasing forms;
- Respond to inquiries from Staff regarding requisitions, purchase orders and contracts in order to facilitate feedback on procurements and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and person specifications
- Full Grade 12/Form V School Certificate
- The applicant should be in possession of Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies (CIPS) Level 5
- Member of relevant professional body i.e. Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply, CIPS with a valid practicing certificate Computer literate (knowledge of Ms office-word, excel, and PowerPoint)
- Effective negotiation skills
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in a reputable Organisation, i.e. Statutory board or Public Institution.
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Must be a Zambian citizen
Interested Zambian citizens should send applications with detailed curriculum vitae that includes e-mail, telephone / cell phone numbers and certified copies of original certificates with three (03) traceable references to: –
The Director – General
Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority
Plot No.6903 Tuleteka Road, Off Makishi Road
PO Box 31890
Envelopes should be appropriately marked for the position applied for.
Closing date: 31st October 2018
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
NB: ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLIED EARLIER ARE REQUIRED TO RE APPLY