Requisition Number: 502321
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 – 300,000 tonnes per annum.
- Demand forecasting and reviewing stock levels/classification for all Medium and Low exposure items.
- Review open sales orders and liaise with user departments on the validity of these commitments.
- Attend end user/commercial liaison meetings.
- Generate various inventory reports as requested.
- Participate in stock takes when required.
- CIPS Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Accountancy
Experience & Skills:
- 2 – 3 years in Supply Chain with bias towards materials management and stock control
- Must be proficient in Microsoft excel – Pivot Tables, manipulating and working with large amounts of data
- Must have high analytical abilities
- Must of sound knowledge of forecasting and forecasting techniques
- Experience with PRONTO (ERP) – added advantage
- Must exhibit high level of integrity and ethical behaviour
- Must be a team player
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work with minimum supervision
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.first-quantum.com/cw/en/job/502321/audit-officer-commercial →