Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS)
ZABS is a statutory body currently operating under the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017. ZABS exists to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national, regional and international markets. It is the custodian of national standards and acts as a link between the local industry and regional and international standardization and quality assurance (SQA) organizations.
The Bureau’s mandate is to provide services in the areas of Standards Development, Management System/ Standards Training, Product Testing and Product/Management System Certification. It is also the National Enquiry Point for the World Trade Organization (WTO) Issues.
The Bureau wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant position;
AUDITOR – FOOD AND BEVERAGES (ZABS)
To conduct quality, food safety, health and safety, and environmental audits, as part of a team of auditors of one or more members, in client companies in the food and beverage sector, ensuring that audits comply with applicable standards, certification scheme rules and regulations, procedures and guidance.
A. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare detailed audit plans for a customer audit, when assigned as the lead auditor for a particular audit
- Ensure the availability of audit documentation.
- Direct and lead team of auditors, when assigned as the lead auditor interact directly with customer personnel at all levels of Management In interviewing and collecting audit evidence.
- Participate in the development of new or improved food sector- related services to be offered or currently offered by ZABS as requested by Management
B. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Bachelor of Food Science or related discipline.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, a lead Auditor
- Certificate in food safety systems and /or quality systems.
- 5 years of experience in the food sector in a production or quality assurance role.
Other Skills and Attributes: Computer literate in Excel and Word Processing. Ability to work with minimum supervision, of sober character and integrity, and capable of handling confidential matters.
The positions (1 – 3) are in Permanent and Pensionable conditions of service category.
Suitably qualified individuals are therefore encouraged to apply for the jobs, please send your application letter together with copies of educational and professional certificates and a detailed CV to the address below. Closing date for applications in 16th October, 2020.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Zambia Bureau of Standards
P.O Box 50259