Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICIAN (X2)
This position reports to the Foreman Mobile Equipment Maintenance
Purpose of this position
To ensure mobile mining equipment is maintained in a safe, proactive and cost effective manner by utilising all resources for intended purposes within the allocated period.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Required to adhere to all policies, procedures and statutory regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as human resources and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the roles and responsibilities of the position
- Carry out all maintenance works on electro-hydraulic/Mechanical drill rigs, Dump Trucks, loaders or general services machines including rebuilds
- Carryout any electrical components and cable repairs as required
- Troubleshoot all electrical systems faults and repair
- Carry out electrical condition monitoring functions as required on the assigned machines
- Root cause analysis of any failures on equipment and repair or recommend solutions
- Promote good working relations between operations and maintenance
Academic qualifications and Experience :
- Craft certificate or better in Automotive Electrical/Power Electrical or any other equivalent field under electrical engineering from a recognised Institution
- At least three (03) years post qualification experience in maintenance of underground mining drill rigs, loaders and dump trucks
- Knowledge and experience in maintenance and diagnosing of faults on electrical control systems on all or any of the following underground mining equipment or the installed subsystems.
- Sandvik Equipment: LH410, LH514 & LH517 Loaders; TH540 Dump Trucks; DL321 & DL411 long hole drill rigs.
- Epiroc Machines: Scooptram ST14 & ST18 Loaders and Mine Trucks MT436B & MT42
- Knowledge and experience in maintenance and testing of HBC Radiomatic or RCT remote control system on underground loaders is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in Heavy equipment repair or automotive mechanics will be added advantage.
- Experience in operation and testing of equipment including manual transmission LDVs will be added advantage
- Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ) membership a must
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good timekeeper
- Ability to prioritise tasks and understand impacts of decisions
- Ability to mitigate personnel issues and problems
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment faults and read electrical circuits/drawings
- Conceptual ability
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 29th May 2019. Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.