Website Avencion Limited
Position: Finance and Administration Manager
We are a Zambian owned social impact enterprise that delivers innovative and technology enabled development solutions to strengthen governments, companies, organizations, and communities.
The finance manager will be accountable for making suitable plans, technology improvements, and handling finance-related activities. The finance manager is responsible for project management in the finance domain/managing finance-related operations and supervise from planning till implementation and assures on-time completion of projects with an assigned budget. This job role requires a proper balance of organization skills, financial expertise, and the ability to set schedules. The Finance manager should have project experience working on key funders projects such as CDC/USAID/PEPFAR or other established funders.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
2. Plan and implement systems for financial operations for the projects in accordance with the Avencion Finance Manual and Client regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
3. Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor projects cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of Avencion projects.
4. Prepare monthly financial reports in line with standard accounting submissions to Avencion regional office, for review by the Finance Director, Country Director and Program manager, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost Centre/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
5. Enter transactions in QuickBooks and use it to prepare monthly management reports to the Finance Director and Program staff as required, including expenditures by cost Centre/project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Assist in developing annual fiscal year budgets together with the Finance Director
7. Continuously stay abreast with Client policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; train Avencion staff in these policies.
8. Conduct yourself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Avencion and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
9. Ensure all the procurement process are followed in line with Avencion procurement policy and procedures as well as the being adherent to the client/funder procurement regulations
10. Human resource management of the Avencion project teams
11. Supervise and coordinate the other FAHR team members’ work schedules.
12. Other duties as assigned for logistics and administrative work.
Please click the apply button and follow the link to apply.