Position: IT & Stores Officer
The IT & Stores Officer is responsible for the management, strategy, and overseeing of all technology operations in Avencion Ltd and evaluating them according to established goals, analyzing the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs, and managing the design and implementation of all technical systems and eliminating security risks. You will be responsible for the day-to-day support of IT & Stores departments. The IT & Stores Officer will oversee the Avencion Ltd IT Department and will provide technical and administrative support to all IT systems and functions-Hardware and Software. The IT Officer will ensure the efficient operation, security, reliability, and resilience of all Avencion Ltd electronic systems. The IT Officer will also develop and manage the IT Department to ensure high quality of services provided. The IT& Stores Officer will advise the management team on information systems solutions and will develop such solutions as needed. Also maintains an inventory of all hardware products and software licenses and reviews maintenance agreements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties include but are not limited to the following:
a) IT Strategy & Planning
- Develop IT strategy aligned with business strategy, vision, and goals; optimal department structure and processes.
- Develop and Implement IT Budget and ensure cost-effectiveness of IT operations.
b) Determine organization-wide ICT hardware and software requirements.
c) Implement system changes and administer access to systems and information utilizing approved information technology security policies, standards, and guidelines
d) Prepare yearly IT budget, monitor and control actual cost against budget
e) Ensure IT support issues by staff and members are attended to efficiently and in a timely manner
f) Prepare quarterly and Monthly IT reports for management
g) Spearhead installation and maintenance of various ICTs hardware in order to ensure smooth operation of LAN, WAN, and various ICT systems and accessories
h) Spearhead installations, adaptation, and upgrading of software in order to ensure smooth operation of the equipment and processes
i) Make sure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are checked and are within agreed terms for any ICT related issues
j) Ensure that Policies and Manuals are up to date and are within the legal framework
k) To make sure that Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs) are tested for business continuity and backups are tested
l) Leading the development and implementation of standard operating procedures and policies with an emphasis on maintaining and ensuring operational continuity and systems security
m) Lead data & Systems Administration
n) Conduct in-house training and staff orientation to familiarize staff with IT systems used by Avencion Ltd.
o) Plan, support, and oversee internal IT projects
p) Ensure that enhancements, backups, and updates on the core system and various alternative digital channels are done.
q) Lead development of innovative communications tools
r) Risk Management – Identify Risks, formulate controls and additional Actions to mitigate exposure
- Fast learner
- Problem solver
- Data analysis skills
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Not less than three (3) years of relevant IT experience at a similar level in an organization of a similar size
- Experience in implementation of complex business applications e.g. Outlook and other operating systems
- Professional certifications and/or training in network, system, database administration, virtualization technologies, cloud solutions, software development/architecture is considered an advantage
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and work well with others
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Awareness of the laws governing ICT, cyber etc
- Membership of ICTAZ will be an added advantage
Candidates with experience working on USAID Regulated projects will be an added advantage
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or any IT & Stores related field.
How to apply
Interested candidates follow the link below to the application form;