Bayport Financial Services
CREDIT OFFICER (1)- LUSAKA
Reporting to the Manager – Credit, under the Credit Department, the Officer – Credit will be responsible for ensuring that there is a balance between the granting of credit and the risk of lending by the Company.
The job holder will be responsible for all credit activities including but not limited to the following:
- Authentication of customer’s loan application documentation provided by Branch Front Office staff
- Determination of loan applicants’ affordability
- Timely (and quality assured) delivery of client loan application results
- Adherence to industry best practices in the issuance of credit
- Reporting of suspected frauds /actual frauds, in accordance with the Company’s Fraud Prevention Policy/Procedures
- Maintenance of the Company’s Customer Loan application history databases/logs, as well as timely backup of the Company’s Customers’ loan application documentation/feedback on relevant Company platforms
- Performance of sensitivity analysis/scenarios, when required to give input from a Credit standpoint
- Ensuring all Credit operational reports are consolidated and circulated on a timely basis
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking [&/or Finance], Business or related discipline from a reputable University
- At least 4 years’ experience in a Credit role in the financial service industry
- Sound knowledge of industry best practices in issuance of Credit
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Highly conversant with Microsoft Excel, analytical and good numerical skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Good attention to detail
Suitable candidates must send their applications to [email protected] with the position applied for as the email subject, attaching their current CVs and professional/academic certificates.
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 27 January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.