Beit CURE Hospital
Provides Specialty Medical Treatment in Orthopaedics & ENT
Beit CURE Hospital is a children’s charity hospital founded by a Christian Mission Organization, CURE International. Specializes in surgical treatment of disabilities in Orthopedics and Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT).
Position Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: General Services/Operational Area Team Leads
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall management of the day-to-day (routine) general services and operational functions of the hospital. These functional areas may include, but are not limited to: housekeeping, security, kitchen/food services, facilities, biomedical, equipment, transport and logistics. The Operations Manager may also share in the overall management of some functions over construction projects with partnership with the CURE network engineer. The Operations Manager functions with a high degree of autonomy so as to prevent the Executive Director from having to regularly divert their attention to the day-to-day (routine) general services and operational issues of the hospital.
1) Provides day-to-day management and leadership to assigned general services/operational area team leads, and seeks to create a climate of trust, teamwork, communication, collaboration and accountability.
2) Leads the development and implementation of systems, policies and procedures for assigned areas, which support and align with the overall strategic direction of the hospital, and which support operational compliance.
3) For assigned areas, reviews and evaluates systems, policies and procedures, identifies those that are obsolete or ineffective, and formulates new systems, policies and procedures that will improve operational efficiency and hospital effectiveness.
4) Participates in the development of the annual hospital budget. Establishes business and operational plans for assigned areas that support and align with the approved budget.
5) For assigned areas, plans and implements general management control practices to prevent fraud, waste and abuse of resources in assigned areas. Creates and maintains a climate of resource stewardship.
6) Reviews and maintains contracts/vendor agreements and other documents related to the operational functioning of the hospital.
7) Manages the facilities, equipment and maintenance functions of the hospital.
8) Manages the following general services; transportation (logistics), Security, Kitchen, Laundry and Housekeeping.
9) Produces periodic reports as required by the Executive Director, MSC Senior Director, Facilities and/or the Technical Services team.
10) Facilitates professional development for assigned team leads. Empowers team leads to increase their level of independent decision making.
Actively works to develop an understanding of all aspects of the hospital so as to become more available and equipped for representing, and supporting the senior management team.
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
2) Technical background (i.e. Engineering) is added advantage.
3) Minimum of three (3) years progressively, responsible administrative management experience.
4) Previous supervisory experience required.
5) Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
6) Proficient in computer literacy and ability to learn new software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1) Excellent leadership and management abilities.
2) Excellent organizational skills and project management abilities.
3) Ability to work under pressure, and prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
4) Ability to work under minimal supervision with a high degree of autonomy.
5) Good problem solving and decision making abilities.
6) Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
7) Ability to liaise with individuals at all levels within the hospital.
1) Communication Skills – Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles; demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
2) Decision Making & Problem Solving – Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics; review facts and weigh options.
3) Influences and Persuasion – Able to convince others in either positive or negative circumstances; use tact when expressing ideas or opinions; present new ideas to authority figures; adapt presentations to a particular audience; respond to objections successfully.
4) Integrity – Ability to be tactful, maintain confidentiality, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by co-workers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
5) Leadership – Able to assume a role of authority as necessary; advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved; set an example for co-workers; delegate responsibility and empower direct reports to make decisions; provide constructive feedback to others.
Submit applications to: [email protected]
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Beit Cure Hospital
Plot No. 34872a Great North Road, Lusaka
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 2nd SEPTEMBER 2020.