Beit CURE Hospital
Provides Specialty Medical Treatment in Orthopaedics & ENT
Beit CURE Hospital is a children’s charity hospital founded by a Christian Mission Organization, CURE International. We specialize in the surgical treatment of disabilities in Orthopedics and ENT. Position Details:
Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: Executive Director with functional reporting to Head of People & Culture
Supervises: Human Resources Department
Department: Human Resources
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resources function for Beit CURE Hospital which includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, on-boarding, administration of benefits, retention, performance evaluation, co-worker relations within the hospital, and participation in the strategic and operational planning of the hospital. The Human Resources Manager will also be responsible for supporting health professionals with registration, licensing and also Immigration process for expatriate staff.
- Oversee the hospital’s employment system, which includes establishing an overall recruitment and retention strategy. Collaborates with the hospital senior management team to ensure that positions are filled in support of the strategic direction of the hospital.
- Manage the hospital’s compensation system, which includes monitoring the internal equity and external competitiveness of the wage and salary program.
- Monitors the hospital’s overall compliance with laws and regulations affecting the human resources management function.
- Recommends and implements policies and procedures in response to changing laws and regulations, as well as changing dynamics within, and needs of, the hospital.
- Develops and executes plans for strategic communication of policies and procedures.
- Evaluates the functionality and cost-effectiveness of payroll and HR systems. Leads the selection and implementation of new systems (or modifications to existing systems) to meet hospital needs.
- Manages the hospital’s benefit programs, which includes ensuring that the benefits remain comprehensive, yet cost-effective.
- Oversees the annual (or however frequent) open enrollment process (and related communications) for employee benefit programs.
- Ensure proper documentation of all matters related to the human resources management function at the hospital.
- Manage the hospital’s performance evaluation system, which includes partnering with the hospital management team to ensure that it is utilized for maximization of co-worker performance.
- Assess, and establish solutions for, staff training and development needs. Lead the hospital’s professional development planning efforts so as to ensure the ongoing competency and effectiveness of the team. Oversee efforts related to career paths and succession planning.
- Consult with hospital management team members on all co-worker relations issues, including progressive discipline, up to and including termination of employment. Coach management team members in effective techniques and strategies for handling a variety of situations.
- Lead and resolve matters of harassment and discrimination, and conduct thorough and unbiased investigations.
- Complete exit interviews and make recommendations to the hospital management team on possible improvements.
- Consult with the hospital management team on organizational structure and design issues.
- Consult with hospital management team members on issues related to the utilization of human resources to achieve organizational objectives.
- Provide strategic direction and day-to-day leadership to the Human Resources Department (if there are other team members) of the hospital.
- Participate in monthly network HR Managers meetings.
- Prepare, issue and track employment contracts for employees.
- Processing of employment permits and visas for expatriate staff and international visitors respectively.
- Processing of annual practicing license renewals for medical personnel to ensure compliance with statutory bodies.
- Processing of company certificates i.e. business permit, fire certificate, incinerator licenses, workers compensation and annual returns with the Registrar of NGOs.
- Line management and Supervision of reception and housekeeping staff to ensure an excellent corporate image.
- Coordination of international visitor’s calendar, logistics and accommodation.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible HR generalist experience, preferably in a healthcare setting. Previous supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
- Computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Deep understanding of the Labor Law
- Must be a registered member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data/information.
- Good problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills necessary to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of all employment-related laws and regulations.
- Ability to liaise with individuals at all levels within the hospital.
- Communication Skills – Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles; demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving – Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics; review facts and weigh options.
- Influences and Persuasion – Able to convince others in either positive or negative circumstances; use tact when expressing ideas or opinions; present new ideas to authority figures; adapt presentations to a particular audience; respond to objections successfully.
- Integrity – Ability to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by co-workers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Leadership – Able to assume a role of authority as necessary; advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved; set an example for co-workers; delegate responsibility and empower direct reports to make decisions; provide constructive feedback to others.
Submit applications via email- [email protected]
The Executive Director
Beit CURE Hospital
Box 36961, Plot No. 34872a Great North Road,
Closing date for applications is 17th June 2022