Bellbird Pre-School is a Pre-School located on Twin Palm Road in Lusaka which offers Baby Class, Middle Class, Reception and Day Care services to families who live and work in the vicinities of Twin Palm, Ibex Hill, Woodlands, Kabulonga and surrounding areas.
The Mission of the school is:
“Providing an enriching curriculum and a warm early childhood environment”
The key requirements of the role are detailed below:
1. Teaching and Learning
- Effectively teach classes and subjects as assigned by the Head of Pre-School.
- Prepare and plan activities that will meet the physical, emotional, psychological and social needs of learners.
- Ensure that a safe and caring environment is maintained in the classroom at all times.
- Plan and prepare learning activities based on the approved curriculum that will foster pupils’ academic performance.
- Supervise pupils within the classroom and around the school environment.
- Assess the progress of children under your care, prepare reports and maintain records appropriately.
- Ensure that learners participate in learning activities.
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance to ensure children have enough physical activity, rest and playtime.
- Develop termly schemes of work, weekly forecast and daily lesson plans, ensuring that these documents are evaluated regularly.
- Conduct thorough research on the subject matter being taught to deliver up-to-date information.
- Identify any special needs of each child and prepare appropriate plans and responses.
- Contribute your quota towards growing the Pre-School by maintaining high standards and welcoming prospective new children and their parents/guardians.
- Receive and address any complaints or concerns expressed by parents and channel it to the appropriate quarters.
- Handle any other duties as appropriately assigned by the Head of Pre-School and Administrator.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate high standards in character, attitude and appearance.
2. Professional development and Conduct
- Actively participate in all professional development programs set by school.
- Undergo regular performance evaluation.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and make improvements where necessary with approval from relevant personnel.
- Perform duties for absent colleagues as assigned by the supervisors i.e. Head Teacher.
- Any other duty assigned by the head teacher and or Administrator.
Qualifications and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for applicants are as follows:
(1) Must possess a Degree in Early Childhood education
(2) Must be registered with Teaching Council of Zambia
(3) Professional experience in early childhood education an advantage
(4) Must possess unquestionable professional integrity, stature and abilities
(5) Excellent communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
CV plus covering letter and references
Certified Copies of academic and professional certificates
Method of application: applicants can email requested documents to [email protected]
Deadline for submission of applications: 06th November, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.