VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT: BELT SPLICERS
Lumwana Mining Company is seeking to recruit highly committed and passionate employees for the position of Belt Splicers to join the versatile Process Maintenance Team.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Belt splicing and Rubber Lining, you will be responsible in performing high quality preventive, corrective and routine maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner to deliver reliable performance of the Process Plant equipment at Lumwana mine.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- In collaboration with the Supervisor – Belt Splicing and Rubber lining, you will be responsible for day-to-day inspection and maintenance of conveyor belts, conveyor structures and conveyor belt idlers.
- Competent to work on both fabric and steel code conveyor belts.
- Competent in linatex rubber lining of pipes, hoppers, and launders etc.
- Ability to complete all PM sheets and other job-related paper works to a high standard and quality and focusing on the accurate information and submit to supervisor and or Leading hand (hours, parts used task completed and defects identified)
- Identify and resolve issues associated with breakdowns and corrective maintenance in a timely manner.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completion of the job/task.
- Review of the maintenance tasks and procedures include JSA and SOP’s.
- Ability to maintain positive interaction and professional work ethics through effective, honest communication with supervisors and peers and operations personnel.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum Certificate in Belt Splicing or related Tertiary qualification.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Must be a member of Engineering Institute of Zambia.
- Preferably 2–3-year work experience with steel code and Fabrics conveyor belts
- Demonstrate some experience in rubber lining and Tiling of hoppers, launders, and pulley lagging.
- Experience in rubber lining and ceramic tiling of pipes, launders and hoppers is an added advantage
- Must have good communication skills in English language.
- Must be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
Women who meet the above qualification are strongly encouraged to apply.