Belt Splicing Supervisor
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator – Mechanical Maintenance
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Belt Splicing Supervisor.
Reporting to the Coordinator – Mechanical Maintenance, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Supervise the day to day operation of Belt Splicers/Rubber liners/Tilers, and equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Review and execute weekly maintenance schedules and ensure priority maintenance activities are prioritized and managed effectively
- Manage shift roster, annual leave and sick leave etc. of Belt Splicers to ensure coverage at all times
- Conduct daily safety meetings for the crew
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as directed by the Crusher Maintenance Coordinator.
- Review maintenance tasks and opportunities for continuous improvement
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum (4) years’ experience in a supervisory role in a large-scale processing plant.
- Experience in belt splicing, rubber lining and tiling
- Demonstrates proficiency in using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (Pronto)
- Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness.
- Competent in incident/accident investigation
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.