biolifeenergyzambia BIO-LIFE ENERGY ZAMBIA
supporting access to sustainable energy use
Bio-Life Energy Zambia is seeking to appoint a Finance and Operations Manager to be stationed in Lusaka. The Finance and Operations Manager will be a strategic thought-partner, and reporting to the Director (D). The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, budgeting, human resources, procurement, logistics administration, and IT.
She/he will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Bio-Life Energy Zambia continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any recommendations necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all organizational policies and procedure manuals.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Further develop BEZ, s ICT, human resources and administration functions, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
Qualifications and other attributes
- Minimum of a BA, or MBA, ZICA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent professional qualifications.
- At least seven to 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operations at senior management level.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues with a non- finance background.
- A track record in grants and contracts management.
- Technology experience in areas like selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software (Quick books, Pastel, SAP etc).
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of organisation
- Member of ZICA in good standing
- Experience with programming and programme management in an NGO setting is considered an asset.
- Women are encouraged to apply
How to apply: Send your cover letters together with detailed CVs before 30th September 2020, to: [email protected], addressed to The Director. Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
Women are encouraged to apply.