biolifeenergyzambia BIO-LIFE ENERGY ZAMBIA
supporting access to sustainable energy use
Bio-Life Energy Zambia is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Manager- Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E ) to be stationed in Lusaka .The Manager will be in charge of monitoring, evaluation and reporting-related activities and requirements of the project. This includes the development of the Project’s M&E framework, the development of a performance monitoring system, overseeing the maintenance of monitoring data collections systems (including developing and maintaining a project data base). He/she will also contribute to the design and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision making. The Manager will report to the Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and oversees its implementation and proactively seeks out data to assist staff in making informed decisions
- Develops M&E instrumentation tools for the project as needed for monitoring data collection forms for program and sub grantees staff)
- Supports and supervises collection and analysis of data for project M&E in accordance with timeframes set in the PMP.
- Provide advice to partners and other relevant agencies regarding the design and implementation of M&E systems.
- Design data quality assurance program and participate in data quality assessments for high quality reporting
- Build capacity of program staff from regional projects through identification of technical assistance and training needs/
- Coordinate technical assistance and training to regional staff and partners in the areas of M&E and reporting
- Ensure timely submission of all required reports from partners
- Oversee compilation of data and preparation of project reports when necessary (monthly, quarterly and bi-annual)
- Oversee the development of appropriate analytical frameworks, and build staff as well as partner capacity in data analysis and use
- Work as part of a team to support the use of data from various sources to assess project performance and support performance improvement
- Conduct rigorous analysis of data from surveys and other sources to support the development of peer reviewed and other relevant publications including conference presentations
- Assist with the identification, documentation, and dissemination of project experiences, lessons learned, and success stories
- Help determine the effectiveness of project interventions by leading the design and implementation of evaluation studies
- Provide leadership and technical assistance for the development of electronic data management systems
- Coordinate and support M&E Technical Working Groups (TWGs) by organizing meetings, preparation of project briefings, and training events etc.
- Develops an evaluation plan for the program and maintains a program monitoring data base
- Leads efforts, design tools and training sessions to develop an inquisitive learning culture within the project team and partners to feed innovations into organizational decision making.
- Manages all M&E activities and reporting for the project.
- Collects and reports on indicators required by the donor.
- Supervises M&E, management information systems (MIS) and Knowledge Management/ Communications team members to ensure that all program results are included in the PMP and other program documents.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Advanced (Masters-level) degree from a recognized institution in social work, development, statistics, or related field and minimum of 7 years of experience designing and implementing M&E systems for donor-funded projects in Zambia/
- Knowledge and understanding of RE, survey methodologies,
- Experience developing Monitoring and Evaluation systems for projects providing community based services
- Knowledge of statistics, research methodology, sampling, data collection and analysis
- Experience conducting data analysis using Stata, SAS, or SPSS or other relevant software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to synthesize information quickly
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as needed, including travel to districts up to 40% time
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced and complex environment. Flexible and proactive attitude towards problem-solving.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently to project sites around the country.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team. Ability to develop effective working relationships with local organizations, other program partners and counterparts.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Excel); strong presentation skills
- Fluency in English and local languages required.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Send your cover letter together with detailed CVs before 30th September 2020, to: [email protected], addressed to The Director. Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.