biolifeenergyzambia BIO-LIFE ENERGY ZAMBIA
supporting access to sustainable energy use
Bio-Life Energy Zambia is seeking to appoint Procurement Officers (2) to be stationed in Lusaka who will be responsible for the day to day procurement and logistics services which meet the requirements of the organization .Under the Supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Procurement Officers will carry out the following functions:
- Analyze authorized requisitions from user departments, develop specifications, prepare and issue
- Requests for Quotations/Quotations to Bids of Request for Proposals documents.
- Identify sources to meet specifications using local and international sources and procurement ,preparation and Planning
- The officers will maintain vendor relationships by conducting regular visits for updates on goods and services and to ensure that contractual terms and conditions are adhered to
- Identification of potential suppliers and verify their eligibility before adding them to the list of suppliers approved by the Director
- Provide details of fixed asset procurements and documents and goods for the organization.
- Preparation of award letters, agreements and memos whenever necessary.
- Evaluation of tenders taking into account relevant criteria and ability to comply with terms and conditions.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, Contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Coordinate clearing of shipments with customs at ports of entry and exit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full CIPS/Diploma ,or Degree in Purchasing & Supply or equivalent
- A member of an Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS/CIPS)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience and understanding of local contract and procurement law
- Knowledge of NGO -donor rules and regulations as related to contracts
- Familiarization and Competence using common desktop applications
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Valid driver’s license and be willing to travel regionally.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Send your cover letters together with detailed CVs before 30th September 2020, to: [email protected], addressed to The Director. Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.