biolifeenergyzambia BIO-LIFE ENERGY ZAMBIA
Supporting access to sustainable energy use
Locations: Mansa, Chipata,Ndola, Lusaka, Mongu, Kasama, Chinsali, Mkushi,Solwezi and Choma .
This position will be responsible for the day to day operational management and analysis of Renewable Energy regional technical department which may include Solar, Biogas or Energy Storage. Duties will include contract management, report writing, using and creating tools for the analysis of renewable energy facilities, tracking the efficiency of operated assets, manage improvements, management of subcontractors, vendors and facility problem solving and available for on call emergency response. Position may travel up to 60%.
- Manage day to day operation of renewable energy clients, which may include Solar, Biogas and Energy Storage.
- Manage contractual obligations including training, technicians, regional managers and Vendors.
- Fault finding and investigation into failures and under performance.
- Facility specific and departmental O&M plans and procedures.
- Familiar with OSHA and other industry groups.
- Produce operational reports for both internal and client(s).
- 24/7 on call response to address site operational issues.
- Assist in the design, development, and creation of databases, analysis tools and other related projects as needed.
- Provide technical supports to site operations.
- Create and use tools for reliability and performance analysis.
- Maintain Operations and Management (O&M) cost trackers and model future O&M costs.
- Any other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in utility scale Solar, Biogas facility management
- Strong management background
- Creative problem solver a plus
- Experience with utility scale control center a plus
- Intermediate usage of MS SQL, Strong Access, Excel, and Office suite skills
- Knowledge of python scripting a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to interface in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic electrical (low voltage) and switching (high voltage) knowledge and skills an advantage.
- Familiar with DC, generator collection and fault detection
- Must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time
- Ability to reliably respond to operational issues on 24/7 basis
- B.S. degree level education in mechanical engineering or other appropriate technical field.
- 3-5 years+ experience in management within a solar, biogas, energy environment OR analytics of renewable energy assets (power , Biogas , Solar, Energy Storage).
- Possess an appropriate valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
Send your cover letters together with detailed CVs before 30th September 2020, to: [email protected], addressed to The Director .Application should indicate Engineer Renewables preferred location-Mansa, Chipata,Ndola, Lusaka, Mongu, Kasama, Chinsali, Mkushi,Solwezi and Choma .