Website Biocarbon Partners
BCP (BioCarbon Partners) is a social enterprise that develops and manages long term forest carbon projects in Zambia. BCP’s mission is “making conservation of wildlife habitat valuable to people”. BCP is recruiting for a Project Accountant – Luangwa. The Project Accountant will report to the Chief Financial Manager. This position is a support position that will enable the Project team to achieve results by providing necessary finance support and ensure that all funds utilized are accounted for. The Project Accountant will be based at our BCP Mfuwe Site Office, with frequent travel to Sites within the Luangwa region.
PRIORITIES THAT WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH.
- Timely processing of the program operational funds as per Cash forecasts.
Support annual budget development and donor proposal budget development processes.
- Ensuring that all the financial reports are prepared and submitted to the donor in time.
- Entering payments in general ledger and maintaining the general ledger log register.
- Support tracking of expenditure and payments for all project activities.
Work with the partner Accountant to prepare financial reports.
- Preparation of payments and cash receipts.
- Coordination of Banking Activities.
- Filing of all financial records.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations to ensure that bank balances are in line with cash book balances.
- Ensure all cash receipts are deposited in the Bank Account as per operations manual guidelines.
- Ensure that only payments to where all appropriate suppliers have signed the Child Protection policy pass for payment.
- Participate in the preparation of year-end financial schedules and provide support documentation.
- Prepare timely intercompany re-charges and pass to relevant offices.
Support tracking of expenditure and payments for all Project activities.
ALLIANCE BUILDERS WANTED.
- Minimum of a Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum of at least 3 years experience in a similar role in a busy environment.
- Well versed in computerized accounting applications.
- Paid up member of ZICA (provide proof of membership).
- Knowledgeable in International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages.
Ability to work and cope in a stressful environment with tight deadlines.
WHAT YOU’LL TELL YOUR CONTACTS.
Helping to conserve over 565 million trees, and with close to 7 million tons of carbon emissions reduced to date, both BCP implemented REDD+ Projects have been verified against the Verified Carbon Standard, the world’s leading voluntary Greenhouse Gas program. In 2021, the LZRP is the only project in Africa to receive 8 consecutive verifications and only the second in the World to achieve this! While it is also Africa’s first CCBA Triple Gold Project, with ‘Gold’ level verification against all three categories of the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBA) for its exceptional climate change impacts and community and biodiversity benefits. The LCFP has achieved CCBA Triple Gold Validation for exceptional community impact. Awarded Best Individual Offsetting Project and Impact Monitoring Report in the World in the Environmental Finance Voluntary Carbon Markets Ranking 2021, and ranked in the top 0.5% of B Corps globally 2021, BCP offers carbon offsets with World class benefits.
Under our 30 – Cubed goal, by 2030, BCP is set to deliver on our goal of avoiding 30 million tons of emissions annually, benefitting 3 million people, and partnering with communities across 30 million acres of globally significant wildlife habitat.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
As an equal opportunity employer, a competitive salary will be offered, plus training, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus travel opportunities for work, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team. Candidates interested in joining an innovative and high-performance team, and working towards doing amazing things in conservation technology and livelihoods, please send a CV, a cover letter, 3 reference contacts and anything else that makes your application stand out by email [email protected] with Project Accountant – Luangwa in the subject line. Please also send anything else that will help your application stand out.
Applications accepted from 8th May 2023 until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If an applicant receives no response within a 30-day period, they should consider their application unsuccessful.