Website Biocarbon Partners
BCP is a leading African conservation company which aims to generate sustainable conservation finance through the forest carbon markets. We are working with Community and Government partners to help improve the conservation management over 1 million hectares of globally significant wildlife habitats in Zambia, and to benefit 225,000 people. Most of the project areas are located in Game Management Areas bordering strategic National Parks in Eastern and Lusaka Province, governed by management agreements between local communities, the Government of Zambia, and BCP.
BCP is recruiting for the following position; Logistic Technicians (LT’s), – to be based in, Kasempa x 1, Kaoma x 1. The Logistics Technician (LT) is responsible for providing safe transportation for project staff to and from meetings, appointments, and all other project-related travels. He/ She will also assist as a courier when required, and assist with the logistics related to procurement, banking, and other administrative needs. The LT will be responsible for vehicle maintenance and ensuring compliance with the vehicle usage procedures. The LT is expected to work in rural, remote areas long-term. Not only are they an LT, but they are expected to support all logistics of BCP trips, including camping and all its related support activities.
STUFF WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH.
- Transportation of goods and staff
- Practice safe driving habits
- Follow all state and national safety regulations and standards
- Accurately follow routes, maps, and directions
- Vehicle Maintenance, immaculate vehicle cleanliness daily
- Zero safety complaints (no record of vehicle defects/incidents)
- 100% completion of log sheets
- Zero legal noncompliance – Fitness and Road Tax
- Zero leakage of vehicle equipment
- Full understanding and application of the company’s vehicle policy
- Being the face of BCP in the communities. Conduct oneself with humility, dignity, and politeness
PROBLEM SOLVERS WANTED.
- Ability to support logistics
- Minimum of 2 years driving experience
- Class B driving license minimum
- Reliable and punctual with dedicated professionalism to job and duties
- Excellent time management skills
- Zero safety incident record, full compliance to vehicle policy and SOPs
- Ability to work across all departments, even camping in rural and remote conditions
- Ensure regular check-ups of engines, ensure vehicle cleanliness
- Maintain a vehicle logbook
- Ensure all required documentation is up to date
- Vehicle Equipment is correct and accounted for
STUFF YOU’LL TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES.
Helping to conserve over 565 million trees, and with close to 7 million tons of carbon emissions reduced to date, both BCP implemented REDD+ Projects have been verified against the Verified Carbon Standard, the world’s leading voluntary Greenhouse Gas program. In 2021, the LZRP is the only project in Africa to receive 8 consecutive verifications and only the second in the World to achieve this! While it is also Africa’s first CCBA Triple Gold Project, with ‘Gold’ level verification against all three categories of the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBA) for its exceptional climate change impacts and community and biodiversity benefits. The LCFP has achieved CCBA Triple Gold Validation for exceptional community impact. Awarded Best Individual Offsetting Project and Impact Monitoring Report in the World in the Environmental Finance Voluntary Carbon Markets Ranking 2021, and ranked in the top 0.5% of B Corps globally 2021, BCP offers carbon offsets with World class benefits. Under our 30 – Cubed goal, by 2030, BCP is set to deliver on our goal of avoiding 30 million tons of emissions annually, benefitting 3 million people, and partnering with communities across 30 million acres of globally significant wildlife habitat.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
As an equal opportunity employer, a competitive salary will be offered, plus training, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team. Candidates interested in joining an innovative and high-performance team, and working towards doing amazing things in conservation technology and livelihoods, please send a CV, a cover letter, 3 reference contacts and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to [email protected] with Logistic Technician and Location been applied for in the subject line. Please also send anything else that will help your application stand out.
Applicants who have worked in or reside in the site-base Province are encouraged to apply.
Applications are accepted from 14th November 2022 until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If an applicant receives no response within a 30-day period, they should consider their application unsuccessful