Website Biocarbon Partners
BCP is a leading African REDD+ Developer and conservation organization which seeks to sustainably finance wildlife and habitat conservation through the forest carbon markets. BCP’s mission is “making conservation of wildlife habitat valuable to people”. We work with Community and Government partners to help improve the conservation management of over 1 million hectares of globally significant wildlife habitats in Zambia, benefiting over 225,000 people.
BCP is seeking to recruit a dynamic individual as Sourcing Officer x 4 (SO). The locations will be Kasempa x 1, Kaoma x 1, Mwandi x 1 and Lufwanyama x 1. As SO, your job is to expand KZCFP. The role and responsibility is to assist in recruiting additional Chiefdoms into KZCFP, and getting them to VCS verification and the transfer of forest user rights to BCP. The SO sourcing will work closely with Sector Manager to generate day to day activity and monthly plans and reports for all the outlined activities as indicated in the annual work plan (AWP). Development of a sourcing strategy, engagement dashboard and sourcing tracker.
STUFF WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH.
- This role targets the recruitment of new Chiefdoms within KZCFP.
- Prepare a sourcing strategy and engagement dashboard with guidance from the Sourcing Manager.
- Prepare an implementation plan covering all sourcing activities, through to verification.
- Establish trusting relationships with GRZ, Provincial and District Level Government which enables expansion.
- Establish trusted partnerships with communities.
- Impeccable, integrity-checked budget management.
- World-class, audit-proof FPIC that is well documented and has no gaps and passes an annual VAG level gap analysis.
- Help new chiefdom secure forest carbon user rights.
- Build powerful alliances with FD and DNPW.
ALLIANCE BUILDERS WANTED.
- Qualifications in a related field such a Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Project Management, Community Development or any relevant field.
- A Masters’ Degree in a relevant area will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 4 years’ work experience in a similar sector
- Should be able to work in a multinational environment.
- Should have excellent facilitation skills.
- Ability to sign up Chiefdoms to REDD+.
- Strong facilitation skills with exceptional written and spoken English.
- Passionate commitment to BCP’s success.
- Performance driven with good planning and time management skills.
- Willing to lead and work with teams and lead by example.
- High integrity and leadership skills.
- Strong conservation and livelihoods knowledge.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Impeccable Government relationship management and lobbying experience.
- A valid Zambian driving license
STUFF YOU’LL TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES.
Helping to conserve over 565 million trees, and with close to 7 million tons of carbon emissions reduced to date, both BCP implemented REDD+ Projects have been verified against the Verified Carbon Standard, the world’s leading voluntary Greenhouse Gas program. In 2021, the LZRP is the only project in Africa to receive 8 consecutive verifications and only the second in the World to achieve this! While it is also Africa’s first CCBA Triple Gold Project, with ‘Gold’ level verification against all three categories of the Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Standard (CCBA) for its exceptional climate change impacts and community and biodiversity benefits. The LCFP has achieved CCBA Triple Gold Validation for exceptional community impact. Awarded Best Individual Offsetting Project and Impact Monitoring Report in the World in the Environmental Finance Voluntary Carbon Markets Ranking 2021, and ranked in the top 0.5% of B Corps globally 2021, BCP offers carbon offsets with World class benefits. Under our 30 – Cubed goal, by 2030, BCP is set to deliver on our goal of avoiding 30 million tons of emissions annually, benefitting 3 million people, and partnering with communities across 30 million acres of globally significant wildlife habitat.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
As an equal opportunity employer, a competitive salary will be offered, plus training, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team. Candidates interested in joining an innovative and high-performance team, and working towards doing amazing things in conservation technology and livelihoods, please send a CV, a cover letter, 3 reference contacts and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to [email protected] with Sourcing Officer (SO) and Location been applied for in the subject line. Please also send anything else that will help your application stand out.
Applicants who have worked in or reside in the site-base Province are encouraged to apply.
Applications are accepted from 14th November 2022 until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If an applicant receives no response within a 30-day period, they should consider their application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@biocarbonpartners.com