Website BioCarbon Partners Zambia Limited
THE BEST COMMUNITY IMPACTS JOB IN THE WORLD.
BCP’s mission is making conservation of wildlife habitat valuable to people.
BCP is a social enterprise working with communities and international partners to implement forest conservation and carbon emission reduction projects on a large scale. The communities who are the traditional forest owners and users are at the center of our work.
BCP is recruiting a Community Impacts Coordinator who will take charge of systematically managing social and environmental impacts, in order to maximize benefits to communities while respecting the highest international standards of impact management.
Specifically, the Community Impacts Coordinator, supported by leading specialists, will lead the development of Environmental and Social Management Systems (ESMS) and Livelihood Restoration Plans (LRP) for all our community conservation projects.
This will involve working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders; contributing to rigorous analysis of community impacts and potentials; participating in identification of win-win strategies for communities and the environment; overseeing monitoring and reporting of social benefits and impacts; and detailed planning and implementation of impact mitigation plans and action programs to the community level.
PRIORITIES THAT WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH.
- Develop and implement an environmental and social management system (ESMS) for all of BCP’s projects, in line with international standards and BCP’s existing policies.
- Develop livelihood restoration plans (LRPs) for community conservation projects and oversee their implementation.
- Develop and implement a social monitoring plan and protocol for Free, Prior and Informed consent (FPIC) for BCP’s conservation projects.
- Develop other required management plans, procedures, and protocols, working with the field implementation team to identify capacity development needs, to provide required training.
- Supervise the implementation of the BCP ESMS, including monitoring and evaluation, reporting, internal audits, responding to grievances and project specific environmental and social issues.
ALLIANCE BUILDERS WANTED.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing community-based programs involving systematic monitoring of impacts against established standards.
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in relevant fields, including social impact assessment and mitigation; livelihoods, agriculture and poverty reduction; community-based conservation and natural resource management.
- Proven ability to lead teams in implementing monitoring systems and performance standards.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, planning and reporting skills.
- Proficiency in data management with a range of tools.
- Minimum postgraduate qualification in a relevant field.
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of international impact management standards (including IFC; ISO 140001) and emission reduction programs (including REDD+) desirable.
Please also send 3 reference contacts, and anything else that will help your application stand out.
BCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.