St. Ignatius College
VACANCY: BIOLOGY/ CHEMISTRY
St Ignatius College a Jesuit owned secondary school seeks to recruit qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill the above stated position.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated science programs for leaners and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
The Teacher shall report to the Head of Department Natural Science.
- Implementing excellent teaching practice as described by the college policy
- Differentiating learning and assessment to meet the needs of individual learners.
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and college policies
- To consider the differing ability lessons of learners and differentiate work accordingly
- To encourage all learners to be actively engaged in their own learning and rewarding their progress against targets
- To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate with 5 O levels.
- Minimum of a Degree in Education
- Must hold a valid teacher practising license
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a reputable learning institution
- The applicant should also have an interest in learner’s affairs holistically
- Honest and reliable with strong moral strength
- High levels of integrity
- Ethical – fairness, sincerity.
- Open-minded and strong team player.
- Versatile – able to adopt to different situations.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
Interested candidates should send their applications to the undersigned. All applicants are expected to actively support the school’s Mission and contribute to the Jesuit and Ignatian values and ethos.
Please apply by submitting full detailed professional and academic qualifications, including a three paged comprehensive CV to:
The Human Resource Officer
St. Ignatius College
P.O. Box 34114
Email: Submission can either be sent by email to [email protected]
The College is an equal opportunity institution and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: June 17, 2022