Mary Begg Health Services
POSITION: BIOMEDICAL SCIENTISTS (2)
LOCATION: KMH – SOLWEZI
CONTRACT TYPE: FIXED TERM 1 YEAR
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
At MBCC, the Biomedical Scientist will closely with the medical and nursing team to provide a safe, efficient and quality laboratory service that supports prompt patient diagnosis.
The Biomedical Scientist carries out his/her duties consistently, ethically and in line with international standards and evidence based diagnostic practices. He/She will provide accurate information for patient diagnosis and treatment by delivering a high-quality laboratory analysis service including Clinical Chemistry, Haematology, Serology, Immunology, Medical Microbiology, Medical Parasitology and other Pathological studies.
- Biomedical Scientist will investigate tissue and body fluid samples to diagnose disease and monitor the treatment of patients.
- Be responsible in reporting adverse events affecting patients in your care to the clinic/hospital manager
- Responsible for maintaining required cold chain regulations
- Responsible for monitoring expiry dates on all reagents and chemicals
- Responsible for maintaining adequate stock levels and maintaining minimum/maximum levels
- Ensure that the Infection Control Policy is followed at all times.
- Compile monthly reports on test statistics of the laboratory to management
- Will ensure all proficiency testing is done and submitted in a timely manner to the external quality assurance laboratory
- Will champion inter and well as intra laboratory quality assurance tests and programs on site
- Will make sure that the laboratory complies and passes the end of cycle EQAs
- Will ensure equipment planned preventative maintenance (PPM) is done on laboratory equipment.
- Will ensure the site laboratory complies with the MBCC Standards and HPCZ set standards of good laboratory practice.
- Will on a quarterly basis update the turnaround times of the laboratory or as and when he /she see fit.
- Will ensure records of Proficiency testing, maintenance, calibration/daily controls, SOP files are up to date and filed smartly and properly
- Ensures that patients billing is accurately performed from the laboratory
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- Relevant minimum qualifications and registrations as Biomedical Scientist.
- HPCZ Registration
- 3 or more years’ experience (Good experience and skills in Medical Microbiology lab will be an added advantage)
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Computer Skills
HOW TO APPLY
State the position in the subject line of the email. Only a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be sent to www.marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com/jobs (we will ask for original certificates and registrations if called for interview). Closing date: 17th September 2020.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.