Job Title: Frontdesk Associate Intern
Reports to: Hub Manager
Terms: Paid Internship, 6 months (Opportunity for Full-Time role thereafter)
Location: Lusaka (Primary);
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for Applications: 23:59hrs, Wednesday 30 November 2022
BongoHive supports entrepreneurs of any background, by enhancing skills, accelerating growth, strengthening networks of collaboration, and helping them navigate the barriers to growth. BongoHive delivers its support to enterprises through custom incubation and accelerator programmes.
BongoHive also offers flexible coworking offices for startups and entrepreneurs under the Hive Coworking brand.
Utilising this knowledge of the level and type of support required to build strong cohorts of startups and scale-up enterprises, BongoHive also provides custom interventions to SMEs and corporations through its Consult arm. The Consult team delivers tailored structured innovation and digital transformation consultancy that allows clients to grow their market through new ideas, products, approaches and technology.
As a Frontdesk Associate Intern, you’ll be the primary point of contact for the Community and act as the “face” of the BongoHive Group! You will report to the building each day to support the Hive Coworking Community Management team to achieve the following:
- Build a welcoming and collaborative community environment amongst our members through events and building relationships between members!
- Ensure that the building is fully operational and processes are running efficiently.
- Drive growth and promotion of Hive Coworking-provided service offerings.
- Take direction from the Hive Coworking Hub Manager and Community Liaison to support the Community Team as necessary.
- All of this while illustrating BongoHive’s core values and working towards achieving our mission.
In this role, you’ll:
Front Desk Management:
- Cover the front desk during the building’s set business hours and be an on-site point of contact, easily located at reception or the communal area.
- Greet members and guests with a warm and welcoming demeanour.
- Learn the names of members and guests with the goal of building relationships in order to facilitate the sense of Community BongoHive is known for.
- Anticipate member and guest needs before they arise using relevant information collected about members to enhance and personalize their experience.
- Keep the front desk clean and organized.
- Notify members of any food deliveries and couriers.
- Answer any questions from members and guests related to the building including way-finding, policies and procedures, community etiquette, etc.
Events and Membership Engagement:
- Provide feedback on programming types (based on member makeup) and evaluate events based on attendance, satisfaction, and impact on the appropriate event team.
- Consistently celebrate members’ successes and milestones through gifts and notes.
- Distribute all necessary info to promote the event including the posting of weekly events posters and individual event posters.
- Maintain data about members in the CRM tool.
- Identify and execute opportunities to connect members with each other.
- Know and recommend local restaurants, food delivery services, catering options, team outing venues, courier services, supply stores, etc.
- Be active on the community platforms to engage members.
- Know and explain BongoHive policies and procedures and communicate, inform, and update members on building issues.
- Set up and host periodic “social events” that help to build community and execute “Value-Driving” events planned by the Events team when applicable in the building.
- Conduct building tours for prospective members as needed.
- Alert Hub manager when a member notifies of any desire to have a growth-related conversation (ex. move-out requests, extensions, transfers, etc.).
- Hand-off prospective member sales to Hub Manager (walk-ins, current members, guests, etc).
Building Operations and Management:
- Conduct morning walkthroughs to address any issues, Escalating any recurring issues to your manager and/or relevant cross-functional teams.
- Know and explain BongoHive policies and procedures and communicate, inform, and update members on building issues via email, in person, or broadcast.
- Manage the energy in the building ensuring music levels and activations are appropriate to the daypart and occasion.
- Liaise with in-building, third-party cleaning companies to ensure space is kept up to standards.
- Track, audit, and organize keys collected and distributed on move-in and move-out.
- Receive, process, sort, and organize all mail.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Customer service and/or sales experience are a plus.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and compassion.
- Passion for entrepreneurial communities.Passion and understanding of BongoHive’s mission and values.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.