Website Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
Your One Stop HR Business Provider
Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited (BEMCONSULT) has been engaged by ON CALL AFRICA-an International NGO to assist in the identification and recruitment of a Strategic and Visionary Leader.
The Organisation Background
Established in Glasgow 2010, On-Call Africa seeks to improve access to health services in rural Zambia and has a strong track recording in delivering mobile medical clinics, health education and community health worker training in the Southern Province. The charity has attracted support from a range of donors including the Scottish Government, the Rotary Foundation, The Fore, Network for Social Change, and the Department for International Development.
The Country Director will provide operational oversight, and contribute toward the organization’s strategic development. Oversee the day-to-day running of On Call Africa in Zambia, including financial management, management of staff and volunteers, ensuring that projects run efficiently and effectively and building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Fundraising and Financial Management – managing an operational budget of £200,000 – £300,000 per annum, ensuring accurate financial reports are maintained. Provide timely reports to support existing grants, manage donor visits, and pursue in-country fundraising opportunities.
- Management of Staff and Volunteers – manage all in-country staff, introduce personal development plans and regular one to ones, recruit in-country staff, and ensure that overseas volunteers are well inducted and managed during their time in Zambia.
- Programme Management – Lead on in-country project development, planning and delivery, including monitoring and evaluation, and proving for volunteer, staff and beneficiary safety and wellbeing.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning –be responsible for leading on carrying out assessments, designing tailored programmes and measuring impact.
- Strategy Development and Governance– Support the development of the strategic direction, develop strategic partnerships to help achieve agreed aims, support the development of a replicable model of working, develop organisational policies and processes for the team in Zambia and ensure effective governance in line with local laws.
- Partnerships – developing relationships with existing and prospective partners in Zambia, including the Ministry of Health, District Health Offices, Rural Health Centres and Strategic Partners
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Team-Player with Good Interpersonal Skills
- High Levels of Financial Literacy
- Ability to Work Independently
- Result Driven
- Motivated by a passion for International Development
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Masters’ in Public Health, Development Studies or Economics
- At least a minimum of 4 years of professional experience in International Development with an NGO
- Proven experience of managing a team of permanent staff and volunteers
- Excellent experience of working in Health System Strengthening
- Knowledge of Programme/Project Cycle Management and Associated Tools
- Must be well vested in administrative matters and financial management
- Experience in dealing with Donors and Government Representatives
- Practical knowledge in the formulation and implementation of Strategic Plans
- Excellent social and networking skills
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE