Website Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
Your One Stop HR Business Provider
The Agency Banking Manager will be responsible for managing Agency Banking operations in order to deliver services to customers consistently, efficiently, cost-effectively, and in compliance with bank standards and regulatory requirements. Leading the Agency Banking Officers on day-to-day management and rollout to help rapidly scale banks’ Agency banking services.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Monitor agent operations against bank standards, and agent contracts
- Manage all regulatory standards and take action to ensure conformance.
- Responsible for the preparation of the business growth with clear targets for terminal deployment, retrieval, agent recruitment, transaction monitoring, and commission in consonance with the company’s operational plan.
- Lead the Branch Channels Officers to grow a sustainable agent network.
- Lead and deliver on all projects related to Agency Banking.
- Manage stakeholders to ensure Agents have 100% for the supplies and merchandise required.
- In Consultation with the Head of Risk & Compliance, regularly review agency banking operations against bank standards, agent contracts, service level agreements, and regulatory requirements and
engage agents, staff, and service providers to address lapses
- Ensure agent banking operations comply with bank standards and
- Monitor agent liquidity to ensure agents have sufficient float and cash to complete customer transactions.
- Manage the procurement, storage, and distribution of branding, merchandising, devices and consumables to agents and bank staff as required
- Review agency banking transaction, revenue, and commission reconciliation reports and follow up to ensure the resolution of outstanding items
- Manage day-to-day sales team operations while ensuring the number of agents’ recruitment, the number of wallets/accounts opening, the volume of transactions, and the deposit balance align with the set target.
- Monitor the performance nationwide while ensuring optimum performance
- Develop and implement annual plans for agent supervision and support including measurable objectives and outcomes in consultation with stakeholder
- Working with Risk and Compliance Head, put in place an agency banking risk management framework aligned to the bank risk management framework and regulatory requirements
- Carry our risk self-assessment, develop and execute a risk
management plan to ensure effective risk management in Agent Banking
- Identify potential fraud and money laundering and investigate and take action as requirements
- Take timely action to correct lapses in Agent supervision and support
- Prepare and submit management and regulatory reports on all aspects of Agent supervision and support
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business skills, financial and data analysis, and business performance management.
- People management, organizational, and leadership abilities
- Team player and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Solutions-oriented mindset and creative thinking abilities.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in Agency Banking
- Ability to network, generate new business, and develop strong business relations
- Excellent Analytical and Excel skills.
- Have a strong sense of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Marketing or a related field from a recognized and reputable University
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of work experience in a Commercial Bank or Reputable Financial Institution, Mobile Money Market, Agency Banking, and Digital Payment Environment
- Must be working or worked with the Top Five Commercial Banks in Zambia under Agency Banking
- Must have a very good understanding of Modern Digital Financial Services.
Must have an in-depth understanding of the FINTECH space and E-Banking Platforms,
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the features benefits and pricing of the products and services on offer to personal banking customers across multiple customer segments.
- Must have the ability to analyze customer needs by engaging with them, and analyzing their personal financial objectives as well as their current financial position.
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and Copy-in [email protected]
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE