Website Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
Your One Stop HR Business Provider
The Metal Fabricator will be required to perform various metal fabrication tasks having to weld component structures using a variety of tools used to replace worn-out infrastructure. Assemble structural metal products such as frameworks or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, stacks, and metal parts for buildings and bridges. Prepare, cut, shape, machine, and weld metal using complex hand tools and equipment such as blowtorches, shears, gauges, nail sets, power saws, and workshop presses.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Prepare, cut, shape, machine, and weld metal using complex hand tools and equipment such as blowtorches, shears, gauges, nail sets, power saws, and workshop presses
- Fabricating and constructing metal components.
- Grinding and finishing completed products.
- Refine existing manufacturing methods to improve precision and efficiency
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, fabricating metal components or structures, and performing quality checks on finished products
- Manage and facilitate work between engineering and manufacturing staff to complete projects
- Promote innovative approaches to product development
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
Work with engineering staff to review parts blueprints and develop new manufacturing methods
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, flame cutters, brakes, and shears.
- Double-check design specifications before commencing with cutting work.
- Performing quality checks on completed products
Required Skills and Competencies
- Good Communications Skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design and manufacturing procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints.
- Proficiency with metal fabrication tools including shears, rollers, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Advanced mathematical and engineering skills.
- Ability to lift and manipulate large metal objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Strong knowledge of metal working tools, materials, and processes
Qualifications and Experience
- Craft Certificate in Metal Fabrication
- Must have at least 3-5 years of progressive working experience in Metal Fabrication
- Working experience with a Mine or Manufacturing Company will be a plus
- Proven experience in designing, fabricating, assembling, and installing all project components, including railings, glass railings, and fences
- Experienced in using both hand and power tools to fabricate, repair,
and install parts, including welding, grinding, drilling, and cutting
- Good Knowledge of welding processes (gas and arc)
- Experienced in creating and installing architectural hardware, including gates, hinges, locks, and sensors
- Must have experience to operate machinery, including table saws and welders
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Must be a member of EIZ
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 working days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED FEMALES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION