BroadReach Consulting LLC.
BroadReach is profoundly focused on improving the health and well-being of underserved populations across the globe. We empower governments, donor groups, NGOs and private companies to operate more efficiently, improving outcomes for people in need, with our intelligent solutions: A combination of our people, process and our Vantage platform. We currently support the Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zambia to maintain and optimize a SmartCare EHR system currently live-on 1134 health facilities funded through CDC 5-year CoAg. In YR 4 of the project the team introduced an enhanced package based SmartCare Plus EHR system which will in initial implementation phase by end of YR 4. One of the most critical elements for delivering a good software product is to ensure that it does not only respond to current business needs and end-users’ requirements, but it is also robust enough to produce quality data to better inform quality patient care, management, clinical decision support, health practice and public health policy direction, which will in turn lead to desired health outcomes and population health status in Zambia. It is, therefore, against the aforementioned background that BroadReach is looking for senior Software Quality Assurance Specialist who will work with IDeAS project team to provide short term technical Assistance (STTA) in ensuring that a robust package based SmartCare Plus EHR system is delivered, deployed in health facilities, implemented and optimized for optimal performance.
Purpose of the position
The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist is a member of the SmartCare Electronic Health Record (EHR) software quality assurance team responsible for quality assurance audits and ensuring product integrity and that standards are being met. The Senior QA specialist will create and implement software quality assurance strategies that will enable Broadreach to meet the following quality objectives for the package based SmartCare Plus product:
- Supportability – How easy it is to maintain and support the SmartCare product in the long term
- Performance – How well the SmartCare system functions under certain conditions
- Usability – How easy it is to use the system and to train new users
- Security – How secure the system is from unauthorized access
In your role as a Senior QA Specialist you will perform the following duties in support of the development and maintenance of SmartCare System.
- Record all defects encountered during review process and coordinate resolution of those issues with proper resources.
- Utilize knowledge and experience to consistently refine QA/QC process to increase efficiency and decrease errors.
- Provide feedback to management and peers to improve continuously processes of achieving goals within the software engineering department.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain QA test plans and cases.
- Train, guide and mentor QA engineers, support personnel.
- Develop, implement and maintain QA automated test suites.
- Analyse performance and profile test results to identify product weaknesses.
- Enhance software quality through testing and advocacy of best practices.
- Create written documentation and procedures for application testing and compliance.
- Involve in design discussions to help identify problems before development starts.
- Identify opportunities to improve QA processes to speed testing, improve test coverage and catch issues earlier.
- Provide quality metrics to assess project progress and quality level.
- Inspect and monitor project activities.
- Record inspection, monitoring, sampling and testing activities.
- Monitor quality assurance activities to determine compliance with corporate policy and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing science, Software Engineering or Information Systems
- Certification or experience in testing management or facilitation
- Certificate or degree in a health-related field like Health Informatics or Public Health is an added advantage
Experience & skills
- 5+ years of experience working as a QA Developer/Specialist.
- Knowledge of software quality assurance concepts.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and standards
- Awareness of database concepts like DBMS, ETL and SQL.
- Excellent problem solving, conceptual, analytical and decision-making skills
Personal qualities & Behavioral competencies
- Ability to work across multiple, conflicting priorities
- Natural problem solver and innovative mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Be solution focused
- Have a user centric mindset
- Results orientation
- Client orientation
- Planning and organizing
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
Broadreach Culture Cornerstones
- We serve a mission greater than ourselves
- We do better everyday
- We are solutions driven not problem focused
- We turn all customers into raving fans
Expected Deliverables & Reporting
The Snr Software QA specialist as a STTA will report directly to the Senior Technical Director and will be expected to work closely with selected staff members within the Development unit, and with various key partners involved in the quality assurance of the package based SmartCare Plus system and implementation of package based SmartCare Plus in the Health sector as necessary.
The Senior Software QA Specialist will be responsible for:
i. Submitting a detailed software testing plan
ii. Submitting the test strategy
iii. Submitting the case and scenarios’ document
iv. Submitting test Design standards
v. Traceability matrix indicating test done
vi. Test execution reports
All information generated under this STTA should be provided to the Senior Technical Director in electronic and or hard copies. The results and products presented will be the exclusive property of the BroadReach and cannot be used by the STTA party without the exclusive written consent of BroadReach.
The Senior Software QA specialist will be selected on the basis of consultant’s qualifications and experience in software quality testing. Interested candidates must provide information indicating they are qualified to perform software testing and quality assessment.