The Sani Foundation
The Business Development Officer works to improve Sani Foundation’s resource mobilisation. S/he identifies business opportunities, develops new and innovative business practices and implementation plans, builds key customer relationships and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The Business Development Officer will report to the DICE Chief Executive Officer and oversee all social business staff. It is his/her job to work with both the Sani Foundation and DICE teams to identify and increase fundraising opportunities, to find new sources of income and thereby maximize revenue for Sani Foundation.
Social Business Management – Dice Juice Bar
- Actively monitor and direct the business operations and staff to deliver the BEST customer service
- Continually develop and effect efficient and effective production methods to improve productivity
- Keep abreast and continually respond to customer requirement and market conditions
- To continually improve the quality of the product being produced
- Responsible for promoting the business Vision, Values and Culture both internally and externally
- Responsible for execution of all promotional activities
- To ensure that the social business is profitable and contributing unrestricted income to Sani Foundation operations.
- To make sure that all methods used the social business are environmentally-conscious
- Ensures that these social business models provide holistic education and training to members.
- Develop and implement workplace policies including but not limited to Human Resources, Operations, Performance Management, Quality Control, Health and safety, etc.
- Provide instruction, training and supervision to all Team Members as is necessary to enable them to perform their work in a way that is safe and without risks.
- Ensure all team members represent the business in the best light
- To oversee and control the financial management of the business including, performance against targets, budget monitoring and periodic reporting
- Responsible for the timely, accurate and legible submission of all reports to the CEO
- Responsible for the management, maintenance and accuracy of all finance and administrative functions and reports in the social business.
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post.
Key Performance Indicators – Dice Juice Bar
- Number of event bookings per month
- Sales target per month
- Monthly sales increase in 1st Quarter
- Waste target per event
- Net profit per month
- Average monthly budget variance
- Monthly Mystery Shopper Store Average
- Average customer wait time
- Quality Assurance Review (QAR)
- To actively seek out and respond to funding applications calls.
- To continually identify high leverage resource mobilisation opportunities for Sani Foundation.
- To plan and coordinate fundraising activities and events
- Growing Sani’s database of individual and corporate donors, member sponsors and donations-in-kind
- To set monthly, quarterly and annual fundraising targets
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets for various activities
Key Performance Indicators – Resource Mobilisation
- Number of fundraising applications written per quarter
- Fundraising events held per quarter
- Number of peer-fundraisers held per year
- Number of individual and corporate donors, sponsors added per quarter
- Return on fundraising investment per quarter
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or min 2 years’ experience in a relevant management/supervisory role within business, marketing or hospitality sector.
- Well established customer service skills combined with astute business acumen.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with effective management strategies to achieved desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver budget targets.
- Enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-paced food and beverage operation with a passion and flexibility to ‘get the job done’.
- Possess excellent organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Information technology skills and knowledge
- Hands on approach to leadership
- Well established and thorough understanding of food handling methods
- Attention to and eye for detail in food, staff and unit presentation
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Experience with budget development and monitoring
Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, planning and organizing, decision-making, communication skills, persuasiveness, influencing and leading, delegation, team work, negotiation, conflict management, adaptability, stress tolerance, Flexibility, Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
- Remuneration: Gross Pay ZMW3,300.00
- Expected Joining Date: Immediate
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidate who meet the above requirements can apply by completing the attached application form and submitting the completed copy to [email protected] by Monday 11th December 2017.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
APPLICATION FORM: Download here
Application submitted via any other method will not be considered
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org