Business Intelligence Manager C – IRC242093
at Zambia, Lusaka, Zambia in FNB Zambia Business Intelligence
Ends 10 Mar 2023
The design, development and maintenance of the knowledge and information management and business intelligence architecture. Managing Business Intelligence service delivery and coaching-and-mentoring analysts
experience and qualifications
Minimum qualification : Relevant Degree in Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related quantitative degree
Minimum years of relevant experience : 4 years relevant experience. At least 1 year managing a team is preferred
Basic Programming ability in SAS or SQL
- Support and implement a cycle of medium-term improvements to drive profitability and strategic objectives through BI.
- Establish, align and manage target and budget goals whilst ensuring effective control of costs for a range of functional areas to increase cost efficiency
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost effectiveness
- Develop a BI service culture which builds rewarding relationships, proposes innovations and allows others to provide exceptional client service.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members to ensure application of BI tools by facilitate sessions to collaborate with stakeholders about options for the solution. Assists in expertly resolving any disputes.
- Define and implement the Information Management strategy to enhance Business Intelligence and ensure execution of strategy and plans by team
- Translate Business Strategies into actionable goals and execute relevant BI projects / BI initiatives aligned to strategic objectives with specific performance measures and control systems to track progress
- Monitor changes in legislation, regulations, initiatives and relevant industry practices. Ensure drafting and implementation of appropriate interventions. Ensure compliance with audit requirements
- Analyse and develop business intelligence based on data analysed, data collected, reviewed, and incorporate all internal and external benchmarking data for future solutions.
- Involvement in new projects, design and develop Business Intelligence solutions in line with business requirements and service ad-hoc requests for information from clients within the required timeframe and specification.
- Facilitate the conversion of knowledge and ideas into new or improved products for the Business Intelligence environment
- Manage own development to increase own competencies
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies
- Cuts to the core of issues and applies effective analysis, logic and creativity to identify and implement solutions
- Utilises relevant economic, financial and industry data to assess business performance and make recommendations to ensure growth, viability and competitive advantage within sensible risk parameters
- The ability to integrate information from a variety of sources, discern complex underlying relationships and predict patterns for future growth
- The capacity to create appropriate levels of impact by using verbal and non-verbal communication skills to influence and/or negotiate win-win agreements to proposals, plans or ideas
- The ability to be systematic and rule orientated in gathering, reviewing and evaluating data from a variety of perspectives; includes the ability to work with precision and highlight inconsistencies and inaccuracies in detailed information
- Reasons with numbers and other mathematical concepts and presents numerical data in graphs, diagrams, charts and tables
- Able to use data to solve business problems, able to data mine to find hidden insights
- The ability to initiate new and better ways of doing things, using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, devise and implement solutions and measure impact
- Is a self-starter and originator who maintains high levels of activity and produces a consistently high-quality output within agreed deadlines. Prompt and proactive in driving for results and sets demanding goals for self and others
- Able to hold one’s own in the face of opposition and exert influence calmly, firmly and fairly
- Plans and manages own output, anticipating obstacles, juggling priorities and following through on objectives within agreed time-frames
- Ability to organise data and present it in a meaningful way, using the best medium to communicate results
- Identifies talent and plans and supports people’s professional development (includes coaching and mentoring competence)
- The ability to understand business requirements and translate it into business solutions using programming logic. Able to manipulate data using programming techniques