Zambia Information and Communications Technology College (ZICTC)
Zambia ICT College
The Zambia Information & Communications Technology College Limited (ZICTC) is a Government owned Technical and Business College registered under the Technical, Educational, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA). The college is based in Ndola, and offers locally and internationally accredited professional and academic programmes, and a range of other products and services. Over the past few years, the construction of state of the art infrastructure has coincided with tremendous growth in program offering and student enrollments. Our plan is to grow even more, and become Zambia’s premier center of ICT training and smart solutions.
We are looking for dedicated and innovative professionals who are change agents, and passionate about making a significant and positive contribution to the education sector in Zambia. If you are such an individual possessing necessary qualifications and competencies, you are encouraged to apply for one of the following positions:
BUYER (1 POSITION)
Job purpose: To assist the Procurement Officer in ensuring effective and efficient procurement of goods, works and services in accordance with current legislation. Work also involves keeping track of purchase requests and the stages through which each order is routed until receipt and payment; including filing damage claims where necessary.
1. Assists in formulating annual procurement work plans, and in ensuring their implementation
2. Assist in preparation of solicitation documents for goods and services, including determinations and findings, synopses, and justifications that reflect procedures governing procurement
3. Assists in undertaking procurement of goods and services as requested by the College in line with the approved budget
4. Assists with the selection of bidders, public bid openings, preliminary bid evaluation, comparisons and final award of bids
5. Maintains contact with vendors regarding orders, new products, market conditions, and trends;
6. Confers with officials from all facility units to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
7. Coordinates with College accounts payable in order to ensure prompt and accurate payment to suppliers
8. Undertake other procurement duties as outlined in full job description, or guided by Procurement Officer
Minimum Qualifications and experience
1. Full grade twelve certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels including English and Mathematics
2. Minimum of Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Management (CIPS) or equivalent
3. A member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply
4. At least one (2) year relevant working experience in a procurement or stores environment
Core competencies and attributes required
1. Conversant with the Public Procurement Act
2. Honesty and integrity
3. Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and report writing skills
4. Good analytical skills and attention to detail
5. Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
6. Innovative and very cost conscious
All applicants should submit a typed cover letter of not more than two pages that clearly states the position applied for; the academic and professional qualifications they possess; and the major achievements in their previous and/or current job. Furthermore, the Curriculum vitae should be current, not more than five pages long, clearly state the duration(s) and nature of their past and current work experience; and include at least four traceable referees.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to. Furthermore, all shortlisted applicants will be required to present certificates of verification/validation of all their academic and professional qualifications from the Zambia Qualifications Authority during the interviews.
All applications should be received by the undersigned by 17.00 hours on Friday, 20th November, 2020.
Zambia Information and Communications Technology College
Kalewa Road, Northrise
P.O. Box 71601
Or soft copies to [email protected]