Plan International Zambia
SaveNet Zambia herein referred to as the “Network”, is a network of organizations and individuals that seeks to work with development agencies, private sector organizations and government to promote financial inclusion among Zambian communities at the grassroots through Community – based Financial Institutions (CBFIs) popularly known as Savings Groups.
SaveNet intends to achieve this through creation and nurturing of network structures at local, regional and National levels that would enable sharing and dissemination of information emanating from the different players promoting CBFIs. SaveNet’s mandate is to “ promote financial inclusion in Zambia working with Savings Group Facilitating Agencies through scaling up of innovation and best practices that arise out of promoter intervention to benefit the poor rural.”
SaveNet is expected to prepare a Five year strategic plan 2019-2023 which sets the long term direction for the implementation of its mandate.
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a Five year Strategic Plan to ensure that SaveNet fulfils its mandate.
3. Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Review the vision and mission based on SaveNet mandate;
- Review detail implementation plan and other project documents including project reports, minutes of network meeting, etc.;
- Undertake stakeholder/donor mapping interested and engaged in financial inclusion and analysis;
- Scan of member’s engagement and capacity (gender aspects, other micro finance aspects, training, etc.
- Undertake progress review of SaveNet operations to date;
- Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas of interventions and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the same;
- Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up (structure), financial and administrative systems of SaveNet against its mandate and the identified strategic objectives and key result areas; and make recommendations with a proposed action plan and budget;
- Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results;
- Propose roles and responsibilities of members to roll-out the strategic plan based on members capacity assessment;
- Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period;
- Develop a SaveNet Resource mobilization and Sustainability plan;
- Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic Plan;
- Finalize Strategic plan and submit to SaveNet management.
- Submission of proposed structure of the planning document and/or how the consultant will undertake the development of the Strategic plan.
- A five-year strategic plan including a results and resources framework.
- Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops.
5. Time Span
This assignment is expected to be carried out for a period of 20 person-days between the months of April and May, 2018.
6. Institutional Arrangements
The Consultant will work directly with the National Coordinator and reference will be made to SaveNet Interim Board where possible. SaveNet will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment including, the Constitution, SaveNet quarterly reports, the M&E framework and the government policies and strategies that are in line with the mandate of SaveNet. The SaveNet shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the Consultancy.
a) Academic Qualifications
At least a master’s degree in a relevant field in the area of economic planning, public policy, development studies and business and/or financial management.
- At least five years professional practical experience in strategic planning including financial planning, budgeting and management
- Strong planning workshop/meeting facilitation and documentation skill
- Prior working experience on promoting financial literacy issues is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in working with NGOs, Networks, government partners and other stakeholders in public sector development programs especially in the area of capacity development, micro-finance, financial inclusion,
- Have good knowledge on gender equality and gender integration in the planning and programming process
- Have good knowledge on government policies and practice on rural development.
c) Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- High level written and oral communications skills in English;
- High level of report and planning document writing skills
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with government and development partners;
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
- Experience in research, policy development, management and programming-related work.
8. Application process.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications which should include the following:
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae
2. Proposed methodology and budget
Please quote “SaveNet -Strategic Plan” on the subject line.
Applications should be emailed to : [email protected]
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Closing date : Tuesday , 24th April, 2018 at 2:00pm Zambian local time.
To apply for this job email your details to Planzamtenders@plan-international.org