CALL FOR ZANEC 2022 EDUCATION AND SKILLS SECTOR MEDIA AWARDS
The Zambia National Education Coalition (ZANEC) is calling for entries for the 2022 ZANEC Education Media Awards. The award-giving ceremony is conducted every year to recognize and reward journalists who have contributed towards the need for quality education in our country.
BACKGROUND TO THE AWARDS
The objective of the awards is to promote reporting on Education and Skills Sector hence raising public awareness, understanding, participation and the need for the provision of quality education in the country. Another emerging theme is promotion of education in light of COVID 19 pandemic. The entries must be based on one of the three (3) selected Education Sub Sectors namely:
- Skills and Tertiary Education – with a bias to Academic Freedoms and quality of education in Higher Institutions of Learning.
- Mitigating the impact of COVID 19 on Education.
- Gender and Equity.
The article; program; documentary or video must demonstrate the author or producer’s understanding of the Education and Skills Sector at the bearest minimum. The articles must also show well researched work compiled by the author. Education articles specifically covering ZANEC positions will have an added advantage.
The awards are open for published and broadcasted works in print, radio, television or online media. Only journalists who are Zambian nationals are eligible for the competition. The competition is only open to individual journalists and not media institutions;
The entries shall be works published/broadcast between 1st October 2021 and 30th August 2022
All works entered for the competition shall be in English Language.
Entries shall consist of the following:
- Print Journalism: Feature articles or stories published in mainstream newspapers, magazines, journals or newsletters.
- Radio Journalism: Documentaries or discussion programmes.
- Television Journalism: Documentaries or discussion programmes.
- Online/news media: Feature articles or stories published on online media.
Adjudication and Awards
The selection of winners will be done by an adjudication panel identified by ZANEC Secretariat with expertise in media and media development. The winners will get a monetary award, a trophy and a certificate.
Respects for copy rights
All entries submitted must be original and in conformity with copyright requirements and must have been published or broadcast between 1st October 2021 and 31st August 2022.
- All submissions should be made to ZANEC by Friday, 30th September, 2022.
- Further information on ZANEC can be obtained from:
- Website: www.zanec.org.zm
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Zambia – National- Education -Coalition
All submission are to be made to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia National Education Coalition,
Baptist Fellowship Building,
Plot 3061/2 Corner Makishi Road and Great East Road,
P.O. Box 30774,