Cantina Restaurant Group
A Mexican-Inspired Snack Bar
We are looking for a Service Chef to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our customers.
Our Service Chef responsibilities include preparing recipes, setting up stations and delivering high-quality dishes in a fast-paced environment. You should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
– Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
– Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
– Cook food in a timely manner
– Ensure appealing plate presentation
– Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
– Monitor food stock
– Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
-Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
Requirements and skills
– Proven work experience of 2 years as a Chef or Cook in an established restaurant.
– Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and fryers)
– Advanced knowledge of culinary techniques
– Leadership skills
– Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
– Excellent time management abilities
– Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
– Familiarity with sanitation regulations
– Culinary school diploma preferred
– Must be able to work night shifts and preferably live within close proximity to Woodlands, Lusaka.
Please email your CV complete with 3 references to [email protected] prior to the closing date (24/10/2022)