Title: JUNIOR ASSISTANT MANAGER
Reports to: Owner/General Manager
Summary of Position:
Oversee, coordinate and execute the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Assist other staff members to complete opening, closing and prep lists.
- Actively manage other staff members by working hands on in making food, servicing customers and purchasing/delivering supplies.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions consistent with General Manager guidelines for approval or review and with their prior consent.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are purchased and/or received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are
performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Provide advice and suggestions to General Manager as needed.
- We are a youthful, enthusiastic, and passionate team and place great importance on these traits.
- Grade 12, equivalent or higher required. Hospitality/Food & Beverage Training preferred.
- Have knowledge of service and food, generally involving at least 1 year of Restaurant experience or comparable business. Previous management experience of at least 1 year preferred.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Qualified candidates must have excellent customer service and employee relation skills.
- Must be willing and able to fill in where needed, including as delivery driver which means having a reliable vehicle and a good driving record.
- Must be detail oriented with the capability to oversee restaurant operations and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
- ust be able to work day, nights, weekends, and holidays in accordance with restaurant hours.
- 40 to 50 hours per week.
ONLY COMPLETE EMAIL APPLICATIONS CONSISTING OF FULL RESUME, COVER LETTER, 3 TRACEABLE REFERENCES, COPIES OF NRC, DRIVERS LICENSE, COPIES OF RELEVANT EDUCATION DOCUMENTS WILL BE
CONSIDERED. NO PHYSICAL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR SUBMISSION TO [email protected] ON OR BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE (27/03/2019)