Website Care Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Ltd
Providing affordable and flexible finance
Care Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Ltd (hereinafter called “Care Coop”) was established in 1995 under the guidance of the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives. It started off as a small Cooperative through contributions from employees from Care International, Plan International and Purse Holdings Ltd with an initial membership of 50. Currently, Care Coop has about 3,000 members drawn from various Non-Governmental Organizations and General members across the Country.
About the Engagement
This is a specialised short-term engagement assignment requiring at least 4 appropriately qualified and experienced persons for reconciliation of loan advances, savings accounts and shares for a three (3) years period from 2015 – 2017. Even though the engagement is anticipated to be for up to two (2) months, it shall performance based and successful candidates will be remunerated based on set targets. The engagement falls under the supervision of Finance Manager, with oversight from the General Manager.
To ensure that the member’s savings, shares and loan advances are reconciled to correct balances for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- To ensure that the members loan accounts are reconciled for 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- To ensure members savings accounts are reconciled for 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Ensure members contributions are appropriately posted to members savings accounts.
- Review bank reconciliations.
- Ensure that all receipts are appropriately allocated to respective member accounts.
- Shares bought by members have been accordingly allotted to the respective shareholders.
- Raise and pass reconciling evidence based entries in the accounting software.
- Members loan accounts reconciled for 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Members savings accounts are reconciled for 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Members contributions are appropriately posted to members savings accounts.
- Bank reconciliations reports reviewed for 2015,2016 and 2017
- Receipts appropriately allocated to respective member accounts.
- Shares allotted to the respective shareholders and match with dividends paid
- Reconciling evidence verified and entries passed in the accounting software.
Qualification and Skills required
- Hands on experience with MS Dynamics Navision 2016 version.
- Performed similar engagements in a banking or non-banking financial Institutions.
- Fully qualified with Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, ACCA, CIMA or ZICA.
Scope of the Engagement
There are about three thousand (3,000) members, with an estimated 80% of the members having access to loan products – averaging 2 – 3 loans running at any time. The required reconciliation will involve reconciling each member account statement to correct savings account and loan obtained reconciled with recoveries received as well as shares to shares acquired to correct balances for a period of three years starting from 2015 – 2017.
The duration of the consultancy is expected to be up to a maximum of two (2) months from the date of engagement. However, payment shall be based on deliverables, not necessarily the timeframe.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter (addressed to The General Manager) and Curriculum Vitae to [email protected], clearly indicating the Finance Consultant – Reconciliations in the subject line. You must also indicate your expected remuneration. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Closing date for applications is Friday, June 15, 2018.