1. THE QUALITY CONTROL & QUALITY ASSURANCE (QC/QA) ENGINEER. (01) LUSAKA
Will create, prepare and implement the QC/QA plan and any associated and relevant directives and instructions needed to support the plan. The main duties will be to develop and manage the quality control and quality assurance procedures and ensure construction works adhere to client/design specifications
- Develop written procedures for quality control/quality assurance;
- Perform needed tests on site and in the laboratory to ensure conformity of material and works according to the contract specifications;
- Supervise construction works contracts including quantity measurement, quality, and variation.
- Ensure that contractors comply with works’ specifications;
- Establish and maintain procedures to develop standard documentation for construction works and quality control and assurance for the projects;
- Review the existing standard documentation for the Operations Centre and propose any improvements deemed necessary;
- Develop standard quality control procedures to be performed by the contractors;
- Develop a procedure to establish norms to define the project-alternatives that will be evaluated for each construction task. Preferably many project-alternatives should be evaluated for each construction task, but, as a minimum, two project alternatives must be evaluated;
- Develop and conduct robust procedures for quality assurance;
- Assess work activities for which labour based construction methods are appropriate and for those sections where heavy machinery is appropriate;
- Review of the Bill of Quantities and the contract documents for each section of the construction task;
- Review the bidding and contracting;
- Define a procedure for using the cost norms to establish the cost of rehabilitation and maintaining the construction task;
- Supervision of the contractors in the implementation of the work;
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the Chief Technical Advisor/Project Manager. Reporting: Directly to the Chief Technical Advisor/Project Manager for the project and to those persons as directed from time to time. The QC/QA Engineer will submit monthly written progress reports as required.
- Must be a Zambian between the ages of 24- 35 years.
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Qualified Civil Engineer, as a minimum with a degree in Civil Engineering and Quality control;
- Minimum five years of experience in projects related to building and vertical structures engineering;
- Member of the Engineering institution of Zambia
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- With three traceable references
2. HEALTH AND SAFETY SUPERVISOR HEALTH AND SAFETY SUPERVISOR (01) LUSAKA
The Health and Safety Supervisor will be responsible for providing support to the project management team, supervisors, foremen and workers. This position will provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day safety requirements of the assigned project.
- The Safety Supervisor reports to the Regional Safety Manager and is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least three times per shift; if possible coordinate with the project manager. Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the sites.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
- Inform the project management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact the project.
- Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
- Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions. Organize and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage.
- Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately. Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
- Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed.
- Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
- Ensure Safety Advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies; consult the project management team and Regional Safety Manager for compliance and action plan.
- Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement, and communicated to the Project Manager, Supervisors, Foreman and Safety Advisors.
- Ensure new hires are orientated to the companies health & safety form, and all required documentation is completed accurately and forwarded to the head office.
- Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
- Ensure that the following material is available and on site, the companies HS&E Manual, the applicable provincial legislation and regulations, site safety inspection forms, observation forms, tailboards and log books, fall protection plans etc.
- Prepare for, and participate in audits such as ISO 45001 2018, /or Owner audits.
- Communicate, coach and assist the field staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
- Health and Safety Supervisor Coordinate a regular meeting with project safety team to review issues, trends and upcoming conditions or events.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree/diploma, Diploma or Certificate or CRSP would be an asset.
- National Construction Safety Officer Certificate.
- Minimum 3 years Health and Safety field experience and Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
- Good physical condition
Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent Incident Investigation skills,
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform under stressful conditions
- Analytical skills
- Probability and decision making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective organizational skills
- Stress management skills Personal Attributes
He/ she must also demonstrate the following personal attributes
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Be flexible Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be punctual.
If you have the necessary qualifications please send your CV, academic, professional qualifications with a copy of your NRC to in one PDF document to [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be contacted before the 4th of January 2021.