Website Caritas Czech Republic
international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development
Caritas Czech Republic is an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation implementing projects in Livelihoods, Health Care, Agriculture and Education is looking for an
- Implement assessment methodology in coordination with the project team
- Visit referred vulnerable households to assess their wellbeing;
- Use the Vulnerability and Viability Assessment Tool (VVA) to gather household data;
- Make initial entries in the data base for new cases in regard to bio data, flight history and noted protection concerns
- Tertiary education – university/college degree/diploma in social work, Development Studies or other relevant field
- At least 1 year of practical experience working in social services and/ or with refugees for an international/national NGO
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Fluent in English – excellent writing and communication skills; French, Nyanja and Swahili advantage
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work without supervision
- Experience with project implementation is an advantage
- Experience with health, livelihoods and agriculture projects is an advantage
- Excellent computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- Good time management, commitment, team worker, problem solving skills, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Duty station: Mayukwayukwa, Meheba, Mantapala, Zambia
Working Time: 5 Days a week
Starting date: Immediately
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of detailed CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the 3rd July 2020 17:00 to the following email address: [email protected] Only email applications will be considered.
Indicate Preferred Location when applying
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Assessments Officer – Location.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Assessments Officer – curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Assessments Officer – cover letter
Caritas Czech Republic reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage.
Caritas Czech Republic is an equal opportunity and treatment employer and provides all the employees a work environment free from any form of discrimination based on race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religion and creed, disability. Furthermore, Caritas Czech Republic provide employees with a safe environment with zero tolerance of sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and other unethical behaviour in the workplace.
Important Note: Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment or fees should be treated with extreme caution, viewed as potentially fraudulent and reported immediately.