Website Caritas Czech Republic
international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development
CARITAS CZECH REPUBLIC
an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation is implementing a project with the title Multi-sectoral interventions to prevent the spread and mitigate the impact of COVID-19 pandemic in Western Province and Lusaka, Zambia. The project aims at strengthening public health responses and improving community awareness, to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and mitigating its impact.
PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER
The Public Health Officer is responsible for technical quality of implementation of project with focus on community awareness, support of public health response and livelihoods support responding to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supports and assists project teams in Mongu and Lusaka
- Provide health related expertise to the project team in order to effectively implement their activities
- Ensure implementation of day-to-day project health related activities according to the project document. The activities include mainly but not solely the following:
- Procurement and supply of medical equipment and materials to prevent COVID-19 to public health facilities
- Capacity building of Health Workers in prevention, identification and handling potential cases of COVID-19
- Development of awareness materials on prevention of COVID-19
- Capacity building of community health volunteers
- Awareness campaign on COVID-19 prevention
- Work closely with Ministry of Health and other relevant stakeholders and partners
- Strong motivation and commitment to the work
- Minimum of Diploma in a public health, or other relevant field; advanced degree is an asset
- Proven track of experience in public health at least 3 years
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with CSOs and community-level actors, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Excellent English language skills
- Working experience in the non-profit or in an international organization an asset
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, time-management, ability to work under stress and in difficult conditions
- Basic knowledge of financial management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work in accordance with the Caritas Code of Ethics
Starting date: September 2020
Ending date: December 2020
Caritas Czech republic is an equal opportunity and treatment employer and provides all the employees a work environment free from any form of discrimination based on race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religion and creed, disability. Furthermore, Caritas Czech republic provide employees with a safe environment with zero tolerance of sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and other unethical behaviour in the workplace.
Duty station: Mongu
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of detailed CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the, 22 August 2020, 17:00 to the following email address: [email protected] Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Public Health Officer – Mongu
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Public Health Officer – Mongu – curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Public Health Officer – Mongu– cover letter