Website caritaszambia Caritas Zambia
For Integral Human Development
The Christian Churches Monitoring Group (CCMG), is seeking a dynamic and values-driven Communications Officer to help grow its impact and influence on governance, peacebuilding, and elections in Zambia.
CCMG is an alliance of four faith-based organisations formed to help promote credible elections through non-partisan citizen monitoring. The CCMG partner organisations are the Council of Churches in Zambia (CCZ), Evangelical Fellowship of Zambia (EFZ), Jesuit Centre for Theological Reflection (JCTR) and the Zambia Conference of Catholic Bishops (ZCCB).
Coordination – Operational Management
- Development of comprehensive internal and external communications plan for CCMG for the next 6 months (contract duration)
- Tied to the specific deliverables of CMG’s program and include: press conferences, statements, report launches, television, radio and newspaper interviews, social media (timetable, poor content and engagement analysis).
- Develop a specific communications plan for each activity to include one or more of the following based on the goals for the communications effort.
- Branding and design: Overseeing the branding of the CCMG Project and the layout and design of publications including statements and reports.
- Communication and other: Ensuring linkages with other CCMG member’s activities, taking initiative, and performing any other duties as required contributing to the work of the CCMG. Maintain strong grasp of current trends and discourses related to electoral issues in the media and social media spaces.
- Plan with the appropriate outreach to stakeholders, such as CSOs, ECZ, ZLDC, government officials, etc.
- Assist in scheduling meetings and logistics (such as preparing documents, etc.) with stakeholders on recommendations.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Maintaining monitoring and evaluation records of CMG’s outreach and engagement with stakeholders and the public including, tracking news coverage; Adding news coverage to a) CCMG social media, b) CCMG Website;
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in similar positions
- A mature candidate with experience in electoral and governance processes, with experience in observation/monitoring of elections an added advantage.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in political, economic, and social analysis.
- Balanced mind and acquainted with the church’s social, economic and political engagement.
- A keen appreciation of quality and standards with the ability to take responsibility for delivering quality results despite challenges.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to see both the the big picture as well as micro issues.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to synthesize, understand and communicate complex issues effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and social media.
- Quick learner.
Education and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in social sciences or equivalent
- Master degree will be an added advantage
A thought-through cover letter that includes why you are interested in this position at this point in your career
- One-page statement on how you will maintain a positive, values-based organizational culture.
SEND DETAILS TO [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org