Website Catholic Medical Mission Board Zambia
Healthier Lives Worldwide
The Catholic Medical Mission Board Zambia (CMMB-Z) is a faith-based local organisation whose mission is to provide long-term, co-operative medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and healthcare issues. CMMB is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals with relevant experience for the following position aimed at contributing to CMMB-Z’s strategic vision .
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator, Medical Donations Program
Reporting to: Technical Director
The CMMB-Z Medical Donations Program team is responsible for generating, sustaining and growing Gift-in-Kind (GIK) product donations; developing strategic partnerships with pharmaceutical and medical supply manufacturers to raise resources to strengthen access to quality medications and healthcare systems in the developing world; and for supply chain management and distribution of high quality medicines and medical supplies through trusted partners (consignees) in the developing world, particularly Zambia. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Logistics Coordinator will work closely with US-based Medical Donations Program (MDP) team and with local consignee partners to facilitate and organize the medical product offer and response process; data-collection, reporting and compliance; import logistics and customs clearance; as well as consignee relationship management and support.
Key roles and responsibilities
Procurement, import, logistics and inventory management
- For shipments coming to Zambia, work with all relevant authorities (eg. Ministry of Health, ZAMRA, Zamza, etc.) and partners to secure pre-approvals, monitor shipment status, navigate customs clearance, organize storage and transportation to facilities.
- Coordinate and track local distribution logistics.
- Utilize and integrate systems to track medical product needs and CMMB-Z donation fulfilment of product in-country (both through donation and purchase) and work with MDP staff to understand the overall accessibility of product in MDP consignee partner facilities.
- Remain current regarding disease profiles in catchments served by MDP consignee partner facilities; identify needed products; work with partners to forecast product needs.
- Provide support with product purchase to support special initiatives of CMMB Z staff or other approved Medical Donations Program partners. Identify local and regional procurement sources.
- Maintain data in both MDP and CMMB Z
- Inventory management systems
- Participate in bi-weekly MDP team coordination meetings; provide monthly reporting to Manager, CMMB Distribution Center.
- Communicate by email and shared project management software systems
Medical product offers and requests
- Coordinate review all product offers from MDP. Circulate to eligible partners and health facilities, collect responses, and compile submission to MDP team.
- Submit requests for products to MDP and investigate/communicate any additional information/context surrounding the requests.
- Compile lists of critically needed items organized by facility, network, consignee, etc.
Data-collection, Reporting and Compliance
- Collect and maintain current application data/information from CMMB Z partner facilities and health systems as well as other MDP consignee organizations. Maintain up-to-date records in CMMB Z systems.
- Track and submit distribution reporting to MDP for each donation shipment received by CMMB Z reflect final product allocations to recipient facilities.
- Perform regular site visits to partner facilities to assess their (i) pharmaceutical storage, (ii) inventory control, (iii) needs forecasting, and (iv) general pharmaceutical best practices.
Relationship management and partner support
- Conduct annual partners meetings (distribution and beneficiary partners) and administer surveys as needed to ensure efficiency and continual process improvements. Contribute to Medical Donations Program data collection and reporting.
- Perform research and outreach to eligible organizations in-country whose work could benefit from medical donations. Inform them of MDP and help them to complete application process.
- Assist with capacity strengthening for partner facilities in a variety of best practice areas.
- Collect stories & photos of the impact of donations to patients, health facilities, and health networks.
- Conduct regional outreach to pharmaceutical companies regarding partnership and contributions.
- Raise awareness of Medical Donations Program, and ensure integrity of CMMB Z brand.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Purchasing and Supply, Logistics Management or any relevant Business Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in the supplies and logistics management, preferably with an International NGO or a pharmaceutical manufacturer
- Member of The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- High attention to detail and ability to manage and track high volumes of information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel
- Ability to learn and utilize Inventory Management System
- Ability to use and check email regularly
- Knowledge of best practice procurement practices
- Competence in procurement planning
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Strong follow up and communication skills
- High level of integrity, Keenness and accuracy
All interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send their application letters with copies of their most recent curriculum vitaes with at least three traceable references to [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is 24th January, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CMMB-Z is committed to the prevention of harm, and to promote the health and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults. All CMMB-Z Staff, partners, volunteers and affiliates are expected to abide by ALL CMMB-Z safeguarding policies. CMMB-Z is an equal opportunity employer.