Catholic Relief Services - Zambia Country Program
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identify is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and commitment to serving those in need. Since 2000 CRS Zambia has been implementing a number of programmes to support vulnerable communities in Zambian. Recent programming areas include nutrition, agriculture, food security, HIV/AIDS, WASH, financial inclusion, and early child development.
With support from CIMMYT, CRS is implementing a project that aims at promoting smallholder farmers’ access to high quality seed varieties for cereals and legumes in a timely manner and at an affordable price. The project targets supporting close to 15,000 farmers in Eastern, Lusaka and Southern Provinces. This case load is supposed to be entered in an electric data base so that the information generated feeds into the reporting system of the project. For this to be achieved, Data Entry Clerks will be needed to provide the support of entering the raw data (hard Copy) into the database.
As a member of the Agriculture and Livelihoods Unit Team, the Data Entry Clerk will be responsible for supporting the implementation, monitoring, and reporting on planned project activities and expected deliverables under the PESA (Promoting Enhanced Seed Access) Project. The Data Entry Clerk is expected to facilitate increased seed access by a wider range of smallholder farmers with the view of reaching the targets and scaling up.
CRS is hereby inviting suitable candidates to fill the position of Data Entry Clerk to be based in Lusaka and Chipata Offices.
- Capture disaggregated data from various data collection tools into a data entry platform.
- Accurate capturing of data bearing reasonable judgement in carrying out the exercise.
- Prepare, sort and check all records for the purpose of data entry and make sure that accurate data is being entered.
- Data cleaning and recording errors encountered during data entry.
- Check completed work for accuracy, liaise with supervisor for incomplete records.
- Maintaining and updating the Commcare system.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members.
- Excellent contract negotiation and partnership management skills.
- Good analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrates skills of independent/ self-supervisory skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in any Information Management Program or any relevant field.
- Knowledge in using computer programs a requirement.
- Working Knowledge KoBo collect, DHIS2, COMMCARE tool and other M&E tools will be added advantages.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding data capturing and well-developed computer IT skills.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience in monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in agriculture and livelihoods will be an added advantage.
- Strong English skills (preferred)
- Knowledge of the local language.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: None
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (SKAS)
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking capacity and skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data.
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented.
These are rooted in the mission, values and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
No direct supervision responsibilities
Internal: Agriculture and Livelihoods team and the CRS MEAL team.
External: Implementing Partners, targeted farming communities.
SAFEGUARDING Disclaimer Clause:
This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position. CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Important Note: By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.