The USAID Zambia Integrated Health (USAID ZIH) project aims to improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality, client-centered HIV, TB/HIV, MNCH, and family planning/reproductive health services, products, and information.
The Clinical Services Senior Officer reports to the Senior Technical Advisor.
The incumbent will function as a liaison between the PHO, DHO and ZIH to coordinate the cooperation and communication between the institutions. In collaboration with the PHO and other stakeholders, he will strategically plan, oversee and support implementation of the HIV FP/RH/MNCH and HIV/TB program with a view of reaching the and maintaining the 95 – 95 – 95.
- Overseeing the clinical implementation of the ZHI HIV prevention, care and treatment program in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health in the province.
- Supports capacity building, resulting in high-quality, client-centered HIV, TB/HIV, MNCH, and family planning/reproductive health services in communities and health facilities.
- Promotes operational research and innovation to improve access and quality of care for people living with HIV.
- Leads and supports the monitoring of the clinical services strategy across the province.
- Fosters good working relationships and teamwork with staff and volunteers in all departments.
- Responsible for the standards of clinical care provided by clinical staff.
- Coordinates logistics related to availability of both human and material resources within the ZIH provincial office.
- Ensures that continuous staff development takes place, required for the task, focussed on improved staff motivation and retention.
- Provides oversight to ensure accountable and transparent resource management.
- Responsible for creating a realistic project budget and tracking expenditures and reviewing and approving all project expenses in line with USG regulations.
- Responsible for constantly identifying areas for cost savings and efficiencies so that the project can have the greatest health impact possible within its given budget.
- Works with Audit departments to ensure compliance with U.S. government/ donor and ZIH regulations and guidelines.
- Develop and submit all program reports and requirements within stipulated time frames.
- Registered Medical Doctor, with a master’s in health-related field (MPH, Epidemiology etc…)
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience HIV/TB program implementation
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of HIV healthcare.
- Demonstrated experience in health systems programming and/or health systems research.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in regional and national programs and technical staff in the areas of HIV FP/RH/MNCH and HIV/TB program.
- Detailed working knowledge of technical guidelines, best practices, and innovations in HIV FP/RH/MNCH and HIV/TB program approaches designed for service integration
- Proven team leadership skills and team player.
- Prior experience working with national/international NGOs and public sector institutions, including the MOH.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in project implementation; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills, including competence in MS Office and internet/e-mail.
- Willingness to travel extensively in the districts of support.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted