Reports to Chief Medical Officer. The incumbent will oversee the laboratory and interventional aspects of the PEPFAR/CDC Lab Innovation for Excellence award (LIFE award). S/he will work closely with Ministry of Health Provincial and District Public Health Specialists and counterparts at CDC/Zambia and PEPFAR implementing partners.
- Provides oversight and support to the M&E team and the SI team to ensure the successful roll out and scale up of planned activities.
- Provides support to C&T grant activities including communications with PEPFAR/CDC regarding work plans, budgets, and reporting, and ensuring that program activities are carried out as outlined in the grant and in accordance with donor and CIDRZ policies
- Provides technical assistance in the field to ensure support and capacity building of team leads and MOH clinical mentors and healthcare providers
- Oversee and assist program leads in developing and writing reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports or other ad hoc reports as requested by donor and/or PI).
- Develop and execute project’s Results Framework, Performance Monitoring Plan, Technical Strategy, Monitoring and Evaluation (MEL) plan and annual project work plans as per contract/agreement requirements, approved budget and received obligations.
- Effectively represents CIDRZ at CDC/ MOH and partner fora through active participation in meetings and relevant national technical working groups.
- Maintains effective liaison with CIDRZ Leadership, US government partners, and relevant technical units within the Zambian Ministry of Health to determine programmatic priorities and implementation strategies.
- Supports capacity building, technical assistance and program transition with relevant Provincial and District Health Offices
- Maintains effective liaison with other NGO’s/ PEPFAR implementing partners.
- Ensures CIDRZ’s reputation is strengthened by developing local and international networks to disseminate project results, attract talent and generate business.
- MBChB, MD, or equivalent Medical/ Pharmacy/Laboratory degree from an accredited school
- Post-graduate clinical training required
- Master’s in public health or Epidemiology preferred.
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of public healthcare and HIV epidemic control efforts
- Demonstrated experience in health systems programming, HIV prevention, treatment, and care programming, and/or health systems research
- Minimum 8 years of relevant clinical experience
- Prior research experience, implementation science research experience or program effectiveness evaluations preferred
- Experience in budget development and financial management and working effectively with diverse teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about clinical care, HIV service delivery, and quality improvement
- Previous managerial experience or strong interest in managing, directing and leading teams required
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.