Reports to Chief of Party – TBLON project administratively and Head of SI by function. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical guidance in the design, implementation and review of the activity’s monitoring and evaluation plans. The Technical Advisor – Strategic Information will provide strategic and technical direction to improve data collection, reporting and overall data management of the TBLON project. The incumbent will facilitate increased data use at all levels and influence data-based programming.
- Oversees the development and continually updating of the activity’s Monitoring and Evaluation plan, that incorporates a clear data management plan; Should have an in-depth understanding of the reporting and data collection requirements of the programme and/or research study
- Liaises with MOH M&E to support the strengthening of the national TB programme M&E frameworks
- Devise mechanisms and strategies to ensure timely, complete, and accurate data collection
- Ensures timely submission of weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc internal and external reports; closely monitor activity performance against set targets, identifying programming bottlenecks to success
- Leads the development of the data collection tools, integration of information systems with existing MoH national health management information systems, and the electronic health records management system (SmartCare)
- Leads efforts to improve data use at all levels, through development of dashboards, leading of data review meetings, developing of insightful data visualization to inform service delivery and activity programming
- Setup data quality assurance structures and coordinate quality improvement projects
- Devise plans to roll out information systems in cost effective manner, and ensuring adoption of information systems at lower levels through well-structured training and mentorship methods
- Closely with the project technical team and partners to regularly assess programme implementation progress against targets
- Manage and provide leadership to the TBLON national Strategic Information team of the activity
- Participate in funder led and MoH technical working groups
- Builds institutional capacity by supporting CIDRZ investigators and technical staff at all stages to develop sound research proposals, protocols, and manuscripts, as well as the requisite accompanying budgets, staffing structures, and work plans
- Builds institutional visibility through abstract presentations and national and international conferences and publishes organizational work through journal manuscript publications.
- Oversee and provide Technical Assistance on data analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit proof
- Leads in the selection of programme indicators and setting targets.
- Master’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, epidemiology, management or equivalent
- 7 – 10 years’ work experience in data management, monitoring & evaluation and, software engineering in a research or public health environment
- Knowledge/familiarity in statistical software programs – proficiency in at least one of Excel, R or STATA is required
- Experience in leading software development, implementation, data collection tools programming and database querying
- Experience leading and setting up M&E systems
- Demonstrated technical skills in analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and packaging the findings for public health programming and biomedical science
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, including USAID, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring and evaluation, and impact evaluation.
- Ability to work with a diverse team of experts, with varying academic and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- PhD training is an added advantage
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.