The Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ) and Development Aid from People to People in Zambia (DAPP Zambia) have partnered to form a consortium to support the Zambia Defense Force Medical Services (DFMS) to reach sustainable control of the HIV epidemic through the lens of strategic global policies and targets.
The program goal is to support the Zambian Defense Force (ZDF) to reach sustainable control of the HIV epidemic in the military by building the technical capacity of the DFMS health systems to implement a person-centered HIV prevention, care and treatment program aligned with national guidelines and PEPFAR’s Vision 2025.
Reports to Head of Strategic Information by function and to the Project Director administratively. The incumbent will oversee the implementation of the Evaluation and Performance Monitoring Plan for the DOD Health Systems projects and lead performance measurement, assessment, and evaluation activities.
The position is based in Lusaka but with extensive travel.
- Leads the development and oversight of the MEL system and update as necessary throughout the life of the project.
- Leads the implementation of the DOD HIV/AIDS Prevention Program programme (DHAPP) M&E System to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Empowers monitoring and evaluation team to deliver quality DHAPP technical assistance in a manner that benefits all stakeholders – DOD, DFMS. Ministry of Health, implementing partners, and the people of Zambia.
- Verifies DHAPP partners’ Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual PEPFAR reports prior to submission to DOD and DFZ.
- Designs and maintains quarterly statistics overview for DHAPP partners’/programme’s performance.
- Designs and maintains aggregate statistics database.
- Maintains repository (paper-based and electronic) of all Monthly Reports and collation tools.
- Responds to reasonable and relevant requests for data by country partners, DOD, peer organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Leads the analysis of assessment data, drafting monthly and quarterly project indicator status reports.
- Develops and refines key performance indicators for the project.
Develops in collaboration with the Strategic Information Officers dashboards for flagging and monitoring project indicators.
- Ensures capacity building in Monitoring & Evaluation of DFMS through organizing training and mentorship.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting to stakeholders.
- Ensures timely and quality feedback reports are produced to assist program staff in data-based quality improvement.
- Provides oversight for the accountable and transparent financial management of the Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
- Co-assist in grant proposal writing.
- Participates in TWG MoH and DOD and improve target setting and reporting
- Maintains regular communication with the Project Director, DOD, DFZ, Government, Ministry of Health and Partners
- Ensures Human Resource expertise are employed timeously, inducted, developed and motivated to execute the objectives of the program.
- Masters Degree in Demography, Public Health, Epidemiology, IT or Social Sciences.
- Additional training related to HIV /AIDS will be advantageous.
- 7 years or more of technical, policy and/or programmatic experience in HIV Prevention and Treatment or Public Health.
- Minimum 5 years experience in conducting Research and Evaluation on HIV or Health.
- Demonstrate a history of reporting for PEPFAR programs in the Zambian Ministry of Health
- Demonstrate knowledge of the PEPFAR reporting requirements, including DATIM, High-Frequency Reporting, etc.
- Demonstrate experience working with data management systems, such as SmartCare.
- Demonstrate firm command of the project management cycle and the role M&E plays to improve quality integrated.
- Demonstrate Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of public health programs.
- Demonstrate expertise to facilitate data interpretation among different program sectors and build plans for program improvement.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.