Electrical Technologist Ref No. ET/VY/25/10/21
Reports to Head of VenYou. The Electrical Technologist is responsible for the implementation of electrical, solar power and battery backup installations.
- Performs a wide variety of general solar power system installations, maintenance and repairs.
- Installs and maintains solar systems that includes inverters, distribution boxes, batteries, solar PV panels, solar charge controllers etc.
- Carries out periodic inspection and maintenance of solar systems plus provides the Supervisor with regular reports on works carried out.
- Works to implement efficient and effective new electrical installation systems.
- Ensures new electrical system installations including extensions and auxiliary connections meet applicable professional installation standards.
- Maintains installation, maintenance and inspection schedules for all electrical installations.
- Superintends over solar system installations and ensures the safety of everyone involved.
- Participates in new solar stock verification on receipt and dispatch in warehouse.
- Ensures installation specifications are adequately followed as specified in installation manuals.
- Understands solar system installations and offers valuable aftermarket advice on solar products to clientele.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Atleast 3 years relevant work experience.
- Must be practicing member of Engineering Institute of Zambia(EIZ)
- Good analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Good planning, monitoring and organizing skills
- Results-oriented and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be computer proficient
- Possessing a clean driver’s license Class C will be at an advantage.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA via email: [email protected]
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.