The Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ) htt
Reports to Head Strategic Information. The incumbent will lead data management, monitoring and evaluation activities. He/she will work very closely with the Programmes, Research, Implementation Science and Analysis Departments. H/she will be the primary focal point person for all GIS related activities, or as assigned.
- Maintains GIS, programme and research databases
- Develop dashboards, with very clear visualizations, GIS maps
- Indicator dashboard, programme performance and research activity dashboards
- Data analysis – basic to mid-level statistical and advanced descriptive analysis
- Develop and give guidance on concise and well thought data collection tools
- Conduct data extractions on various data sources
- Be very familiar with SQL, a programming language, and any advanced statistical data analysis tool
- Develop and adhere to M&E and Data Management plans and ensure its timely implementation.
- Supervise a team of strategic information officers and Monitoring and Evaluation officers
- Ensure M&E Technical Assistance is provided to PHO/DHO M&E teams.
- Actively participate in research activities like paper publications and research idea formulation
- Participate in other organizational activities that include grant writing
- Train and mentor other staff in M&E, Data Management and Analysis activities
- Take part in administrative activities of the department
- At least a Master’s in Computer Science, Epidemiology, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or any relevant field with a minimum of 5 years working experience, Or. Bachelor of Science in the above fields with at 7 years of work experience
- Familiar at least one programming language – Python, Java, C#, etc
- Familiar with at least one advanced statistical package – R, STATA, SAS, etc
- Familiar with at least one database management tool like MS SQL Server, MySQL, etc
- Experience managing staff
- Experience in software development and maintenance will be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently, exercise discretion and independent judgement in the execution of duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter and detailed CV quoting Reference Number and day-time telephone number to CIDRZ but the letter should be addressed to;
CIDRZ Human Resources Director PO Box 34681, LUSAKA email: [email protected]
NOTE: Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.